Job ID 3834
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Access Bank Plc is a financial institution with presence in 9 countries in Africa and the United Kingdom and in all major cities in Nigeria. Also referred to as the Africa’s Bank of Best Practice, Access Bank operates on a platform of strong ethics, governance and professionalism.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dutch Desk Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- The Dutch Desk manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining contacts with the local Dutch business community.
- You oversee and lead effective relationships across industry players like SMEs, Corporates and other stakeholders.
- You are a financial advisor as well as a strategic partner for clients and other stakeholders to help identify challenges and guide companies to effective access to finance.
- You will report to the Executive Director, Commercial Banking Division of Access Bank.
- You will work in close contact with the existing German Desk of DEG / Access Bank and the Business Banking team of Access Bank.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Actively monitor local market developments in the Dutch SME and Corporate financing area.
- Organize, participate in internal/external events and prepare relevant promotional presentations and other materials as and when required;
- Manage relationships with stakeholders and ensure effective and follow-up of business leads;
- Understand clients’ overall business requirements and strategic objectives.
- Coordinate relevant internal processes and ensure smooth cooperation with Access Bank services (legal, risk management, compliance etc.) in the context of new portfolio transactions;
- Communicate regularly with key client contacts and ensure operational excellence.
- Work with clients to document project needs and requirements.
- Contribute to the creation of proposals and presentations to existing clients.
- Facilitate internal and external meetings and manage meeting summaries as needed.
- Stay current on processes and timelines to ensure projects progress in a timely manner.
- Identify opportunities, issues, and other inflection points.
- Contribute to company innovation, knowledge base, and marketing/sales efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field. Relevant Master’s Degree will be an advantage
- A recognized professional certification will be an added advantage
- 5-10 years working experience in the field of commercial banking, including trade finance
- Proven knowledge of Dutch and Nigerian culture
- Affinity with impact investing
- Ability to build productive internal and external working relationships and build a network in an international environment, take up opportunities independently and can create a support for this.
- Self-starting mentality and an eagerness to be part of a new team and business
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and self-motivation.
- Ability to understand clients’ business models and extrapolate opportunities.
- Proficiency with business software (e.g. the Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch both oral and written. Good knowledge of the Nigerian languages would constitute a distinct advantage;
- Willing to travel as needed.
- Leave Allowance, Medical Allowance, Bonus payments as applicable, Private Health Insurance
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online