Job ID 3983
Experience 1 Year
Gender Male or Famele
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life – threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountability Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Direct Line Manager: Logistics Assistant
- Support the Accountability Officer to build staff awareness and commitment to a feedback and complaints mechanism, ensuring that all SOPs and AAH core policies are respected
- Support the setting up the different Feedback and Complaints Response Mechanism in relevant project locations
- In remote management area, support the establishment of Accountability focal person (training, regular meetings, tracking of their reporting requirements)
- Management of the toll-free lines
- Management of the complaints booths
- Implementation of feedback days and community awareness sessions, sensitization
- Collection of complaints form from complaints boxes or from other Action Against Hunger staff
- Respond to enquiries from program beneficiaries
- Ensure confidentiality of complaint data is respected
- Support the M&E and Program teams in activity implementation, to ensure beneficiary has access to FCM channels (feedback days, complaints booths, field visits)
- Ensure the queries of callers using setup hotline are answered while respecting ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with the AAH standard operating procedures and HAP guidelines
- Ensure complaints are referred to relevant personnel within AAH and in particular sensitive complaints (level 4) are referred to senior management, as per SOP
- Ensure the lodging all feedback, complaints and response in the FCM database, coming from all channels
- Ensure complaints are closed within the appropriate timeframe
- Submit FCM database on monthly basis to Accountability Officer
- Refer program-specific complaints to relevant program managers for resolution
- Follow-up and receive weekly feedback, and case status progress related to the internal cases referred to the programs/projects. Ensure all documents and actions taken are documented, and feedback is given back to the complainant.
- Support trainings of external stakeholders on accountability principles (vendors, community volunteers, health workers, etc.)
- Bachelor degree in Management, Social Research, Development Studies or a related field
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in developing and maintaining accountability and learning activities.
- Knowledge of accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards
- Fluency in English and at least one local language (especially Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri, both written and spoken skills)
- Previous experience in handling feedback mechanism
- Previous experience of working with NGOs
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post-conflict development contexts.
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.