Job ID 25371
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant (Temporary Hire)
Requisition No: 2023200633
Location: Abuja (NACA)
Supervisor: Finance Manager
- The position of an Accountant (Temporary Hire) will report to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for financial support to finance unit at NACA on the Meeting Targets and Achieving Epidemic Control (EpiC) GF TA (C19RM) program activities.
- S/he will form part of the team that will be responsible for NACA CI9RM financial transactions documentation review, ensure compliance with payment procedures, and contribute to the capacity-building component of the TA support to the grant.
- S/he will work as part of a team, including the Systems Enhancement Accountant who will head the GF TA finance team, to ensure that all financial transactions are properly documented and recorded.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing financial transactions documentation to ensure compliance with payment procedures and donor requirements.
- Recording financial transactions in the accounting system and ensuring that all financial records are accurate and up to date.
- Preparing financial reports and statements in accordance with donor and organizational requirements.
- Conducting financial analysis and providing recommendations to the Finance Manager and program staff to improve financial management and efficiency.
- Contributing to the capacity-building component of the TA support to the grant, including training and mentoring staff on financial management best practices.
- Supporting the Systems Enhancement Accountant in coordinating financial support to the grant and ensuring that financial reports are accurate and timely.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual budgets and financial plans and monitoring actual expenditures against budget.
- Maintaining accurate financial records and ensuring that all financial transactions are properly documented and recorded.
- Liaising with program staff, donor agencies, and other stakeholders on financial matters as needed.
- Supporting internal and external audits and reviews, including responding to audit queries and preparing audit schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc / BA Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Or M.Sc / MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 1 – 3 years relevant experience.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in accounting related to international development programs.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage.
- CPA, ACA, ACCA or recognized equivalent is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial management, including financial reporting and analysis, budgeting, and financial planning.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret financial data and make informed recommendations to the Finance Manager and program staff.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and requirements, particularly in the area of financial management and reporting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team and to communicate financial information clearly to non-financial stakeholders.
- Ability to use financial software and accounting systems, including Microsoft Navision, Excel, and other relevant software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in dealing with financial information.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and requirements.
- A commitment to the values and mission of the International NGO, including a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Kaduna North, Kaduna, Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)