Job ID 28539
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Job type: Full time
- Ensure payment and disbursement of cash for daily request.
- Compile and prepare daily cash and check request.
- Raise Request for cash and check.
- Maintain register for cash and travel advance and assist with budget preparation.
- Ensure costs are correctly entered into template for advance retirements.
- Ensure monthly chargebacks of vehicle gate pass, diesel and petrol issuance.
- Assist in preparing invoice as at when due and raise adjustment journal when necessary.
- Assist in handling queries from donor/project manager.
- Assist in monthly computation and upload into Oracle platform.
- Assist in stations’ imprest replenishment and review of reconciliation statements.
- Assist in reviewing support documents and claims from stations’;
- Assist with other duties such as Oracle invoicing, incoming funds, administrative duties.
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- National Diploma in Accounting or other related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent communication skills (writing, reading, oral).
- Have a strong analytical mind.
- Be very good with computer applications, especially Oracle.
- Be a good team player, and honest.
- Have a very pleasant personality.
We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
26th July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)