Job ID 44469
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Nuru Nigeria is a locally Led NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya, Ethiopia and Burkina Faso. Nuru equips local leaders with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty by integrating impact programs that address the most prevalent and fundamental challenges of extreme poverty around four areas of need: Hunger, Inability to Cope with Financial Shocks, Preventable Disease and Death, Lack of Access to Quality Education for Children. Nuru Nigeria design training-based poverty solutions that promote self-reliance and service-mindedness to enable local leaders to continue scaling impact long after Nuru Nigeria staff has exited the project.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Intern
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Admin Intern will play a vital role in ensuring efficient administrative, HR, and procurement support for Nuru Nigeria. Responsible for day-to-day office operations, the intern will assist the Admin Officer in maintaining legal compliance and meeting donor requirements. Tasks include coordinating office utilities, internal control, and managing logistics for visitors and workshops.
- The position involves completing various administrative duties, supporting staff and programs, and contributing to team projects.
- The Admin Intern will report directly to the Admin Officer, actively participating in fostering a smooth and cost-effective work environment across multiple functions within the Department.
- Assist in day-to-day administrative tasks, including filing, data entry, and office organization.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings and events.
- Support HR functions, including maintaining employee records and assisting in recruitment processes.
- Aid in the onboarding process for new hires.
- Assist in procurement activities, including vendor communication and document processing.
- Maintain inventory records and assist in tracking office supplies.
- Prepare and organize documents, reports, and presentations.
- Assist in compiling data for various administrative reports.
- Respond to general inquiries and facilitate communication within the department.
- Draft emails, memos, and other correspondence as required.
- Ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Uphold confidentiality and handle sensitive information responsibly.
- Support other employees with administrative functions
- Perform any task assign by the supervisor
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree, in the following fields; Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Management, Information Technology or any other related field.
- 1-2 years of experience working in an administrative field, experience working in development projects preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Good understanding and fluency in Local Language is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer application skills, particularly Microsoft Office and Google apps.
- Willingness to learn all admin functions (Admin, HR, and Procurement)
- Willingness to travel to rural communities for administrative task.
Application Closing Date
16th February, 2024.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Non-discriminatory Employment Clause
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status, age, disability or health status. The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.