Job ID 36140
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Officer (Protocol)
Employment Type: Full-time
- These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders in the field typically report to the Country Director or the designate.
- Job holders in RBs or HQ typically report to a more senior Administration Officer.
- Job holders are likely to be working under the supervision of a more experienced staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
- To support the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value-for-money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to a WFP country plan, including administrative processes, aligned with country and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services.
- Support the development of annual plans and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to support WFP strategic objectives.
- Collate data and prepare data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
- Support management of existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and assist in identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy.
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Other as required.
Other Specific Job Description
Build and maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices in particular:
- Support to the strengthening of relations with the authorities of the host country (Nigeria); liaise and negotiate with the UN Diplomatic Representation in Nigeria, the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Interior on accreditation and issuance of appropriate ID cards/or permits of stay for WFP staff, their dependents, and domestic staff/helpers.
- Provide protocol services to the VIP, Senior Management of WFP Nigeria office and Sub-offices (e.g., by facilitating airport transfers, ensuring protocol coverage for official activities).
- As part of the joint UNCT efforts, liaise with relevant UN agencies and local authorities on matters relating to diplomatic privileges and immunities, establish strong operational relationships to enhance and facilitate the efficiency and effectiveness of WFP operations (e.g., issuance of diplomatic license plates, approval of tax exemptions, special permits to import vehicles and management of tax-free fuel cards).
- Monitor the implementation of the Basic Agreement, immunities, privileges, and derogations granted to country offices in the region and to staff in close collaboration with the Headquarters and Legal Service.
- Liaising with Government Officials (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Internal Affairs) for buying, importing, selling, exporting official and personal vehicles, getting license plates.
- Liaising with MoFA for appointments with the high-level Government official.
- Manage the existing resources around Protocol in line with existing procedures and regulations by ensuring effective management and strengthening of the overall Protocol function and related services within the Office and Sub-Offices.
- Facilitate the compliance of services provided and contribute to the provision of recommendations for improvements/changes for further efficiency gains.
- Coordinate, organize and supervise the work of Administrative Assistants to ensure that requests are processed with minimum delay and in lien with corporate policies and procedures.
- Provide effective support and oversight to Sub-offices for protocol related areas of work for agreements with host governments, systems, and processes.
- Support Capacity building of WFP Staff and partners through the organization / design of trainings, workshops, and cross-fertilization.
- Carry out complex data analysis and reporting to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision making:
- Ensure compilation accurate data and provide analytics on services provided by the Privileges, Immunities and Management Services Office for monitoring purposes, recommending improvements in procedures and processes where necessary.
- Keep abreast of national and international laws pertaining to the host country agreement in relation to privileges and immunities; research, monitor and analyze best international diplomatic practices on privileges and immunities, providing substantive input and recommending updates of current procedures and guidelines.
- Support the design and content development of briefings and other documents related to privileges and immunities. Brief staff on privileges and immunities and clear separation documentation related to this area. Manage online systems related to the provision of services; recommend improvements, updates
- Promote the implementation of corporate policies and initiatives relating to Management Services.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of all Airport facilities, Procedures and Services as offered by Nigerian airports Authority.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- University Degree in Business / Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration.
- International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (a WFP working language).
- National Professional: Fluency.
Application Closing Date
1st November, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online