Job ID 7442
Experience 1 Year
Gender Male or Famele
CARE International is a global humanitarian and development leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakable commitment to the dignity of people. CARE vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security. Our Mission is to work around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. We put women and girls in the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Intern
Location: Gashua, Yobe
Employment Type: Internship
- The Administrative Intern’s overall responsibility is to assist the Admin Officer to ensure that the day to day running of the office administration is conducted in an efficient and cost-effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations and donor requirements where necessary.
- Ensure admin support (effective) to CARE Programs. Reporting to the Admin Officer, he(s) is to assist to follow up and ensure office utilities, internal control, visitors/workshops logistics are provided.
- As part of the CARE administration team, the Admin Intern position undertakes and completes all administration tasks and requirements, provides support to staff, to programs, and to implement administration team projects.
- The position will report to the Admin Officer but will support the CARE management team were necessary.
- Assist Admin Officer to ensure correct use of office equipment, servicing, repairs and ensure controls are maintained
- Assist the Admin Officer in organizing supplies needed for the events such as trainings, workshops, seminars, meetings etc. (stationary, refreshments, lunch, etc.)
- Keep record of stationary usage for monthly orders (photocopy paper, flipchart paper, stationary for workshops and for the office).
- Maintain and update stationery inventory list on a daily basis and ensure replenishment is made accordingly.
- Record all incoming and outgoing correspondence on a tracking register.
- Maintain and organize stationary cabinet, replenishing it as needed.
- Make sure that all forms in the pigeon holes are always available and updated
- Maintain and update all CARE contact list (staff contact, donor and partners)
- Maintain CO petty cash operation and ensure internal controls and petty cash policy are followed adequately.
- Assist Admin Officer to ensure a clean and efficient working environment at all times.
- Assist Admin officer to ensure administrative policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide back-up support to the program support staff in general office work
- Type documents and input data as required.
- Photocopy and bind documents as required
- Purchase International and domestic tickets for all CARE employees when required.
Qualifications / Experience
Education / Training:
- Minimum of First Degree in Administration, Management or Business or equivalent experience OR a combination of education and work experience
- Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices an advantage
- 1 year progressively responsible experience in administrative work.
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Excellent Analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint & Outlook (or similar software)
- Good knowledge of Administrative systems and practice, policies and procedures.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follows through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- CARE strongly encourage Women to apply.