Job ID 11010
Experience 3 Years
Gender Male or Famele
ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Responsible To: Director, Organisational Effectiveness
Line Management: Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) & Cleaners
- The Administrative Officer who reports to the Director, Organizational Effectiveness will be responsible for providing front office, stores, administrative and secretarial support to the organisation.
- S/he will be responsible for receiving visitors, giving sound response to inquiries, managing mails, answering and screening telephone calls.
- S/he is to ensure the implementation of AAN policies and procedures in collaboration with the other members of the HROE team and the entire organisation.
- S/he will also manage physical and electronic reference documents for AAN by maintaining documentation, filing systems and contact data base.
- Maintain a welcome and professional environment and handle/direct all visitors and enquiries appropriately.
- Ensure the report and attendance of General Staff meeting are collated and properly documented.
- Work with colleagues to establish & maintain relationship with suitable hotels across the country and manage all organizational hotel reservations.
- Provide logistics for staff retreats and programme meetings; and ensure adequate communications for the events
- Manage AAN store ensuring adequacy of materials required for day to day running of the office/programmes and proper documentation of all expenses involved.
- Support organisational procurement processes
- Manage and maintain a First Aid box in accordance with AAN’s Health and Safety policy.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and interpretation of the Administrative policy
- Ensure a hygienic and clean office environment
- Supervise the office security guards and cleaners
- Ensure welcome pack and other documents relating to travels and logistics are updated and shared
- Provide support on recruitment processes within HROE unit.
- All other responsibilities assigned by Line Manager.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Entire AAN staff
- External: Service providers, Partners and other stakeholders.
- First Degree in Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities.
- Membership of relevant professional institute.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in Front Desk management and Office administration or a related function.
- Experience in store management.
- Experience supporting procurement.
- IT literate with excellent knowledge of Excel & word (MS Office in general).
- Experience in working with international development of NGO agencies.
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience of designing and co-ordinating training/meetings
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Good motivator of others
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Team player.
- Self-motivated person able to work with minimum supervision
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send in an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and Location eg: “Administrative Officer – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our
- Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching
- SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)