Job ID 1468
Experience 2 Years
Gender Male or Famele
The Farmers Friend Saro AgroSciences Ltd the first company in the Group started out in 1991.
- We are looking for a knowledgeable, thorough Agronomist with a good understanding of Good Agricultural Practice (GAP) across major crops like Cocoa, Maize, Rice, Soybeans, Cassava and Oil palm, and can transfer knowledge to farmers to help them adopt modern farming techniques and boost food quality and productivity.
Technical planning, supervision and monitoring of the field activities:
- Promote the adoption of Saro Crop Management program to ensure that farmer increase their yield and quality
- Recruitment of farmers and formation into groups for easy of monitoring and training to adopt SARO crop management
- Engage and Supervise Spray Service Providers (SSPs) to ensure that farmers are supported with complimentary services
- Provide training and other technical support for the farmers within his catchment that will ensure that farmers productivity improves
- Generate market insight for new product development
Data Collection & Reporting:
- Maintain database of farmer within the catchment
- Keep record of farming activities of farmers within catchment-Date of planting, date of herbicide application, etc.
- Monitor and report on competitors’ activities
- As the ideal candidate, you must be smart, have good numeric ability, compute literate, have high integrity, ne able to work under pressure, must be resident in City of interest and be willing to travel at short notice
Courses / Qualifications
- OND in agriculture and other related sciences
- Hands on Experience in Agriculture with deep knowledge of the agronomy of Maize, Soybeans, Rice, Cocoa, Cassava and Oil Palm
- Relevant Experience: 2 years’ Experience in Agriculture with deep knowledge of the agronomy of Maize, Soybeans, Rice, Cocoa, Cassava and Oil Palm
- Required Age: Not More than 30 years at last birthday.
Method of Application