Job ID 22283
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Contec Global Group – Established in 1984 and headquartered in London, the Contec Global Group has a worldwide presence, with operations in Asia, Africa, and Europe. As a company established on the platform of e-Governance and smart technologies, Contec Global is among the most experienced independent technology and systems organizations operating in developing countries. Today, the Group is engaged, globally, in providing integrated, systems-based solutions in the fields of Secure Technologies, Infrastructure, and Hospitality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agro Extension Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT), Gombe, Lagos, Osun, Plateau, and Taraba
Employment Type: Full-time
- Continuously acquire requisite knowledge and experience in using Bio Safe Agriculture Products and be able to grow a variety of crops that are chemical contamination free & 100% Organic.
- Promoting CGAL Bio Products in assigned territories by providing technical marketing support to CGAL distribution channels and representing partners.
- Making presentation and demonstration of CGAL Bio Products to targeted customers and influencers at LGA, Villages and market levels.
- Setting up demo plots for suitable crops and training farmers in using CGAL Bio Products, to successfully achieve higher yield, and chemical contamination free / Organic Crops.
- Assisting farmers with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Supporting farmers / Customers through periodic visit and remote support ensuring effective use of CGAL Bio Products as per the guideline and crop fitment plans to grow various crops.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Studying plants and soil to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve pests, disease and any other farming problems faced by farmers.
- Generating accurate sales, collection, stock and marketing reports.
- Keeping detailed records regarding farms, customers, crops, and samples.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, or related field.
- Post NYSC, 1 or 2 Years of Farming / Extension support experience.
- Agrarian science and technology skills
- Knowledge of Organic Farming
- Organization and planning capabilities
- Management skills and commercial acumen
- Strong research, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Sales, Presentation and Training skills.
- Physical fitness to work in the farm- stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online