Job ID 32381
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
United Nigeria Airlines is a wholly owned Nigerian company incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 at the Corporate Affairs Commission to offer commercial air transportation services under the trade name United Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Aircraft Procurement Manager
- Conducts the procurement of parts, spares, tools and goods for UNA.
- Conduct procurement activities to ensure that spare parts are procured under the optimal conditions for UNA and from reliable sources, as well as participate in the development and maintenance of procurement policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Ordering and procurement of aircraft spare parts materials, tools and equipment.
- Participate in financial evaluations of aircraft spare parts, required vendor correspondence and contract preparation etc.
- Responsible for sourcing, vendor selection and evaluation of negotiable terms andconditions, placing purchase orders, screening and approving invoices charges related to the purchase of materials, spares, tools and equipment
- Implement & follow up with the foreign and local requisitions for aircraft spare parts, tools & equipment supplies within the approved budgets and ensure on-time delivery with the minimum costs for all items within purchasing cycle.
- Coordinate with the stores and the engineering departments to maintain the optimum level of inventory based on the review of aircraft spare parts and below-minimum order reports on a regular basis.
- Ensure immediate and adequate response to AOG-related issues
- Repair Order Management – follow up with the repair agency for completing the job and return the component to UNA at the earliest possible time and best price. Work towards reducing the turnaround time.
- Participate in the development of procurement policies and procedures based on the effective procurement policy of UNA business needs and any relevant external regulations.
- Prepare and maintain the preferred vendors’ lists to ensure that aircraft spare parts are procured from the best offer providers and within the optimal time frame.
- Negotiate prices and terms of conditions for the aircraft spare parts to be procured to ensure that UNA’s interests are best represented and the best offers are received.
- Ensure the delivery of aircraft spare parts purchased as well as liaise with vendors to resolve any logistics-related issues.
- Check that any initiated requests for procurements are in line with the approved unit budgets (or are approved) or facilitate the approval process.
- Document transactions on the WINAIR system and ensure proper controls and approvals are in place.
- Document a transparent purchase ordering process for aircraft spare parts and equipment including requisitions and approvals.
- Respond to quotes from Vendors and ensure quotes are sent within agreed timeframes.
- Conduct follow-ups on orders that are carried out and parts received.
- Negotiating and administering warranty and customer support agreements with OEM’s and vendors.
- Controlling of all shipping and transportation i, customs clearance and collection from cargo bonds of materials from vendors and overhaul agencies to UNA
- Enhance manpower capabilities with the procurement unit and increase their skills
- Assisting in the evaluation and costing and of the introduction of new aircraft and equipment and liaise directly with aircraft manufacturers and Buyer Furnished Equipment (BFE) suppliers;
- Assisting in the evaluation and costing of the introduction of second-hand aircraft
- Assisting in the evaluation and costing of the return of aircraft off-lease;
- Report and channel all problems and challenges encountered in the course of work to the Director of Engineering & Maintenance for further directive.
- Perform such other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering & Maintenance.
Experience & Qualification
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field with at least 5 years’ experience in Aircraft spare parts Procurement in Airlines or MRO.
- Degree in Business Administration or related field with at least 7 years of experience in Aircraft spare parts Procurement in Airlines or MRO
- Good exposure to Aircraft Spares and Material Procurement in Airlines or MRO
- Experienced in setting up a Functional Procurement Team/Department, establishing workflows, and operating procedures.
- Post Graduate Degree will be an added advantage.
Job Attribute Required Skills:
- Excellent command of English
- Good understanding of AOG’s implication to Airline operation
- Very good awareness of Airline operations including projects and initiatives
- Good Negotiation and procurement skills
- Seasoned judgement and the ability to set priorities and make decisions.
- Demonstrated capability to work with people and efficiently manage workloads under time pressure.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.