Job ID 3968
Experience Not Stated
Gender Male or Famele
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the poition below:
Job Title: Area Manager
Job Identification: 1120
Job Category: Management
Job Schedule: Full time
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015 in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Yola and Maiduguri Area Offices, Field Offices in Borno and Adamawa states and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS); Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA); Education and Camp Management Camp Coordination (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The purpose of the Area Manager position is to ensure high quality and cost effective programme/project implementation within the designated geographical area. In Nigeria this position is a key member of the County Management Group (CMG). The following is a brief description of the role.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Line management for senior project staff and support functions (and Field Office Coordinators) in the southern area
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide area specific input on CC strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Organize grants opening and closure meetings at area level
- Implementation of projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies
- Represent NRC and networking on area level
- Ensure that capacity building is provided to all staff in the area
- Ensure overall security and safety of staff in the area
- Assess needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Represent to all appropriate authorities and act in all official work concerning the Norwegian Refugee Council in Maiduguri, Nigeria
- Establish a good working environment based on the NRC values
- Coordinate all area level programme and operational activities
- Conduct regular field missions to monitor project implementation
- Lead the area Grants management (GOM, GR and GEM) with the coordination and technical support of the GM.
- Identify, initiate and follow up on advocacy issues at area level in close coordination with the Advocacy Manager and Country Director.
- Ensure support functions are managed according to NRC policies
- Ensure legally binding financial contracts and payments at area level are made as per the threshold limit stipulated on the authorization table.
- In collaboration with the HSS Manager, ensure that the Security Plan for the area is updated regularly
- Report to the Country Director any violations of NRC’s Personnel policies and Code of Conduct
- Ensure that NRC staff adheres to NRC´s security rules and guidelines
- Ensure quality documentation of all NRC activities at area level
- Undertake Official correspondence at area level.
- Through close monitoring of the context, develop approaches and activities ensuring promotion of the Do No Harm principle
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Strategy and project planning: Head of Programmes, Protection and Advocacy Manager, HSS Manager, Humanitarian Access Coordinator, Country Director
- Line management and budget management: Security Officer, Field Coordinators, Project Coordinators/Project Managers, Logistics Team Leader, Finance Team Leader, HR/Admin Team Leader
- Programme development: Head of Programmes
- Protection and Advocacy Manager
- Finance and logistics department at Country level
- Candidates should possess Bachelor’s degree
What We Offer
- 12 months full time contract
- A competitive salary and benefits according to international staff terms and conditions, including contribution to a pension fund
- Grade: 10 in NRC grade structure
- Duty station: Yola, Nigeria with 35% travel to the field
- An approved medical certificate will be requested before the contract start!
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2021; by 8:38 AM
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)