Job ID 7535
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Location: Enugu / Ebonyi / Umuahia – Abia
- The Area Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales of bank’s retail products (as approved) and ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales count and volumes through area business development; planning, deployment and management of sales personnel (Personal Banking Profit Centre managers PCM/DSEs).
- The ASM also identifies market opportunities, drives strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales / earnings for the area of coverage.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drives sales of bank’s retail products to ensure achievement of area product sales and volume budgets
- Coordinates activities of Personal Banking Profit center managers (PCMs) posted to their areas to achieve the sales targets of the bank
- Sets business objectives for the Direct Sales Executives
- Develops coordinated strategies for cluster market penetration to achieve set targets
- Drives conceptualization and execution of market storms as a key driver of sales
- Accountable for all product sales metrics as applicable.
- Closely coordinates sales activities with the branches and areas to ensure maximum impact of sales activities.
- Conducts regular competitive analysis via market feedback to compare offerings with competition
- Performs regular market scanning to provide feedback to product / segment managers on opportunities for product and service improvements.
PCM/DSE Performance Management:
- Reviews and maintains daily activity reports of the Personal Banking Profit Centre Managers, and Direct Sales Executives, ensuring their daily tasks feed into the overall objective to achieve the budget numbers
- Ensures that new/redeployed DSE are provided with support required to work ID cards, etc.
- Daily, weekly & monthly performance assessment of PCM/DSEs.
- Conducts periodic (weekly & quarterly) trainings for PCM/DSEs on the bank’s policies, procedures, products & services
- Ensures MIS maintenance is carried out daily and liaises with Profit Centre Managers (PCM) to ensure that accounts introduced by DSEs are ceded to the branches after twelve months.
- Monitors overhead expenses ensuring costs are kept within budget.
Engagement with Branches, Product Managers, Segment Managers & Areas:
- Timely & regular provision of relevant market feedback to the product teams, areas & branches, providing appropriate recommendations to improve offerings.
- Working with branches/areas to execute market storms & cluster marketing.
- Assists Head, Direct Sales (in liaison with HCM) to implement effective people management and execute recruitment strategies for DSEs.
- Ensure that new/redeployed staff are provided with support required to work.
- Ensures adequate training of PCMs and DSEs on any newly developed product and services.
- We are looking to employ a driven and experienced area sales manager to increase sales within an assigned territory and guide a team of Profit center managers and Direct Sales Executives (DSE).
- The ideal candidate must be located in either Enugu, Ebonyi and Umuahia, must be committed to driving sales and adept at managing a sales team with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in sales and marketing; Masters or other professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Good project and time management skills – ability to multi task.
- Attention to detail
- Goal oriented
- Strong analytical and Numeracy skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Management and Leadership knowledge and experience
- Being proactive and innovative – problem solving, new ways of doing things, change agent.
- Extensive Knowledge of the bank’s policies & procedures.
- Good knowledge of the retail space (Clusters).
- Good leadership abilities.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online