Job ID 35189
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Inventory & Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The Assistant Manager, Inventory and Supply Chain will work with other units within the MSI Nigeria Reproductive Choices to drive the management of Social Marketing activities.
- The Assistant Manager will follow up on all services required to support the Social Marketing Unit from Fleet, Logistics, Inventory, Procurement, and other administrative support in which the Procurement and Logistics directorate oversees the technical aspect and Management support from the Social Marketing directorate.
- The Finance Directorates oversees the Inventory aspect of his/her responsibility.
- The Assistant Manager will also provide liaison responsibility for MSI Nigeria Reproductive Choices in Lagos as the need arises.
Duties & Responsibilities
- International Procurement for Social Marketing
- Prepare PRF for international Procurement considering the lead time for shipment.
- Ensure approval of all international PO and follow-up with shipment
- Follow up with P&L to ensure all document for clearing of the consignment is complete and you have copies.
- Ensure the clearing agent has been contracted for the clearing of the consignment before the Estimated Date of Arrival (EDA)
- Work with inventory to ensure the final delivery point and grid as the need arises.
- Resolve issues with regulatory agencies.
- Local Procurement for Social Marketing
- Prepare RFQ document and send out to vendors.
- Conduct and participate in the evaluation of proposals, bids, and quotations.
- Preparing evaluation reports and bid analysis and recommendations of award of contract.
- Call for Procurement Committee Meeting and prepare minutes of meeting and circulate.
- Preparing Purchase Orders with the Use of Tally System
- Managing expectations of Users in line with applicable procedures and processes applicable.
- Coordinate the technical evaluation team and collate report.
- Ensure the Prequalification of Suppliers in line with MSI Nigeria Reproductive Choices Procurement Guidelines.
- Ensure Due diligence is carried out on new vendors and Liaise with the Procurement Committee on the approval of new Vendors.
- Ensuring that the Approved Supply List and Data Base is up to date.
- Contract management, follow-up and closure
- Ensuring that the procurement transactions due for payment are complete and submitted to Finance for action
- Manage any query on Payment submitted to Finance.
- Maintaining an up-to-date Procurement, Contract Risk & Register and share with support office
- Ensure a complete audit trail for all procurement process documentation.
- Shipping, Local Customs Clearing and Delivery
- Coordinate all Port activities in Lagos
- Ensure original shipping documents are handed over to the clearing agent in Lagos
- Support clearing agent in the release and transportation of items from the port to the warehouse
- Support on any NAFDAC/Customs issues in Lagos
- Take delivery of the containerized SM products cleared in Lagos into MSION warehouse or third-party warehouse.
- Retrieval and download of Data logger and share report with ASO I &A unit alongside the LSO GRN. Support in the implementation and realization of the SM sales and distribution plan through working with Inventory and Social Marketing.
- Supporting in the planning of stock in warehouse, stock in transit and accurate Forecasting.
- Manage the Dispatch tracker
- Logistics and Fleet Management of SM vehicles
- Efficiently setting and monitoring stock dispatch, drivers and fleet controls: authorised use of vehicles; key control; logbooks; fuel cards; tools and equipment.
- Advising on the most efficient and cost-effective way of regional stock dispatch and distribution at the right quantity, right quality, right time, right temperature, right place and right person
- Managing and enforcing green rag score for fleet KPI’s (Consumption rate, Idling, Drive style, safety) standards for country fleet management costs, safety and data.
- Daily Managing leased vehicles and outsourced drivers at the region.
- Daily Managing and allocating vehicle fleet for service delivery and support transportation requirements.
- Daily enforcing the use of Total Fuel card and manage any query on total platform
- Regional Fleet data clearly entered to TrackPoint (liters, odometer, distance travelled, costs) on or before the 3rd working day of the month. Validating Fleet data entries by paper records (receipts and/or station statement); and maintaining on respective vehicle file for audit purposes
- Ensuring Vehicles are in roadworthy condition, and serviced on time @ 5,000km.
- Preventive maintenance and repairs carried out by a professional service provider.
- Establishing a high level of mechanical awareness by service providers.
- Enforcing Routine vehicle checks by drivers using a vehicle daily checklist
- Enforcing, Reporting, and repair of vehicle defects; original spare parts only.
- Scheduling service Intervals with adherence to A-B-C servicing requirements o Ensure there are Commercial service agreements (contracts) for vehicle maintenance service and repairs
- Participating in the recruitment and selection of drivers. Driver authorisation process (permit, driving rules, and regulations). Local technical induction briefing for new drivers.
- Provide regular feedback, guidance, and support to the Regional Manager and Logistics & Fleet Management Coordinator on appropriate actions that need to be undertaken to improve performance and guide on trip movement/retirement.
- Managing vehicle incidents. Notifications of incidents to country and global levels.
- Preparation and submission of vehicle incident reports, supporting documents, and cause analysis statements. Maintaining vehicle incident register and cause statistics. TrackPoint – entry of incident information. Proactively recommend and act on incident prevention.
- Inventory and Commodities Management
- Posting and documentation of all goods receipt and SM stock issued to NGO/SBCC team and posting of consumption of marketing POSMs and other SM inventory items used as it happens on a daily basis
- Carrying out weekly cycle count to determine Critical Stock consumption rates and interpreting same into the following reports:
- Critical Stock Report
- CPFR (Collaborative Planning, Forecast & Replenishment) Report
- Prompt treatment of all material requisitions and issuing of stock items to User departments, Outreach teams and Field officers daily.
- Maintaining GWP (Good Warehouse Practice) and HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) standards through: o Tidy shelving, racking system/ store arrangement, o FEFO (First Expired First Out), o FIFO (First In First Out), o Stock Codification/ labelling
- Give monthly reports on expired drugs and medical consumables.
- Work with inventory for commodity plan and forecasting to ensure zero stockouts.
- A First Degree in Administration, Management, Humanities, Social Sciences or related discipline
- Not less than 6 years post-graduation experience
- Previous cognate experience in any of these functions: Human Resources, Administration, Procurement, Information Technology, Inventory & Assets Management
- Membership in relevant professional body
- Strong analytical and reporting capabilities – this means pulling data from various sources into Excel and other applications and turning generated data into actionable information.
- A working knowledge of Tally, Liza Personnel, or other Employee Self Service solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter, with project management skills
- Team player with a passion for work and a desire to generate results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate multiple, high-priority projects.
- Familiarity with the different cultural, social, and religious identities in Nigeria, international health, development issues, and the international donor community.
- Valid Driver’s License
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a brief Cover Letter as ONE MS Word document or PDF to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: If you wish to be considered for the post, please specify the position in the subject line. Note that if the underline instructions are not followed application will not be considered.