Job ID 10686
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant PSP IG Officer
Job ID: 34322
Hardship Level: C
Family Location Type: Family
Duties and Qualifications
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships:
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern.
- Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) sits within UNHCR’s Division of External Relations (DER) and is responsible for mobilizing resources from the private sector for refugees.
- UNHCR have developed a $1 Billion Private Sector Fundraising Strategy 2018-2025. This strategy focuses on both Individual Giving and Private Sector Partnerships and identifies priority fundraising markets and regions.
- Individual Giving (IG) is targeted at the general public to secure the support of individuals through regular, unrestricted donations, cash appeals and legacies. The aim is to generate both monthly and one-time donations from individuals using various channels and methods including direct mail, face-to-face fundraising, telemarketing, digital fundraising, DRTV and emergency fundraising, with focus on strong donor loyalty and lifetime value.
- The purpose is to maximize the donor base from the individual giving (IG) for UNHCR, those with the ability to provide donations of between $1 to $10.000 per year to UNHCR.
- All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description.
- They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.
- In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Contribute to the overall development and implementation of the Private Sector fundraising programme.
- Contribute to embedding digital transformation and supporter experience across all Individual Giving activity in line with the global strategy.
- Effectively manage the donor acquisition programme through several channels, potentially including face-to-face fundraising using both outsourced and in-house methods, digital fundraising, cold direct mail, direct response television and printed media.
- Effectively manage the donor retention and donor development programme through several channels including direct mail, email telemarketing and SMS.
- Co-ordinate fundraising communications and donor acquisition activities during emergency fundraising situations as fast and as effectively as possible and maintain accurate emergency response procedures.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Individual Giving fundraising programme by looking for opportunities to appropriately grow, diversify and utilise new technology.
- Co-ordinate integrated fundraising projects across different departments.
- Work closely with the major donor team to identify and migrate potential major donors.
- Co-ordinate and/or manage relations with partners, media, contractors and suppliers for PSP programmes.
- Co-ordinate and/or manage the PSP donor database ensuring that donor records are kept up to date. Produce ongoing analysis and monitor PSP campaign results.
- Contribute to donor understanding through ongoing research and analysis, and to implementing segmentation strategies for `one to many¿ marketing activities.
- Monitor all key performance indicators and analysis to support and inform the Individual Giving strategy and its implantation.
- Contribute to the development of National Growth Fund submissions for Individual Giving fundraising to secure funding to increase and develop the donor base.
- Manage and/or oversee the Individual Giving budgets and complete quarterly reports including forecasts, and progress reports as required.
- Keep abreast of UNHCR¿s work globally and communicate relevant information to existing and prospective audiences.
- Perform other related duties that may be required.
Education & Professional Work Experience:
Years of Experience / Degree Level:
- For P1/NOA 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education:
- Business Administration / Marketing / Political or Social Sciences or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses:
- Qualifications in fundraising, marketing. (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience:
- Minimum of one year of professional experience in Private Sector Fundraising and in particular Individual Giving.
- Expertise and up-to-date knowledge of donor acquisition channels (Face-to-Face, Digital, Mail and DRTV desirable), donor retention and donor development methods.
- Proven project management skills for integrated fundraising or communications campaigns.
- Proven ability to meet fundraising targets.
- Experience in relationship management with Suppliers and Supporters.
- Proficiency in, and experience working with Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks/projects.
- Knowledge of the United Nations and working within the United Nations.
- Experience emergency fundraising, monthly giving, middle level giving and legacy marketing.
- Analytical and creative thinking ability.
- CO-Cross-cultural communication
- CO-Drafting and Documentation
- PS-Fundraising-face to face, mass appeal, digital, emergency, DRTV, etc.
- PS-Private sector fundraising and partnerships
- PS-Digital fundraising
- PS-Direct Marketing and Direct Response Fundraising
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Innovation and Creativity
- Planning and Organizing.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2022 at 11:59 pm.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
- A written test may be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
- Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19
- All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
- As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
- This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level.
- The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.