Job ID 25369
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation
Requisition No: 2023200630
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and responded to the humanitarian crisis in the NE for five years. In anticipation of a new project, and in support of ongoing ones, FHI360 seeks an experienced Assistant Technical Officer M&E to support our response to the humanitarian crisis in NE Nigeria.
- The Assistant Technical Officer-M&E will assist in monitoring and evaluating program activities at the assigned field site.
- Primary responsibilities include collecting information on project activities in each sector for proper documentation and reporting of activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete and timely reporting.
- Timely entry of monitoring data into reporting tools/data collection systems and working with program teams and STO-MEL to resolve data quality issues observed.
- Bring to the knowledge of the STO-MEL issues that need to be solved such as inconsistencies or missing data by the originators of the source data.
- Support M&E activities to ensure that all monitoring activities are being performed according to schedule/M&E calendar.
- Collect program routine monitoring data and follow-up with the program team on data collection and reporting and assist in the preparation of monthly reports.
- Support in conducting routine Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) and supporting data review meetings with program teams.
- Share all information (data summary reports, CFM databases, etc.) with the support Project Coordinator and STO-MEL.
- Assist in conducting routine monitoring visits to sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools, assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Ensure compliance with SoPs for management of M&E assets (e.g. tablets), making sure all gadgets requested are appropriately documented and accounted for.
- Document feedback and complaints and ensure the Complaints and Feedback database is well maintained and up to date.
- Share CFM issues monthly with program teams and ensure that the agreed action plans are followed in timely manner and that the feedback loop is closed.
- Ensure complaints and feedback are handled appropriately and in a timely manner, and where needed, referred to the appropriate teams for action and resolution.
- Support in the preparation of learning and review events such as Program Review Meetings and share M&E and CFM performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc / BA in Statistics, Public health, Development studies, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant Degree with 1 – 3 years’ relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- An understanding of humanitarian assistance programming is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues related to the communities.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English & Hausa languages. Understanding of Kanuri language is a plus,
- Well-developed computer skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)