Job ID 23615
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Director / Head, Management Support Services
Job Code: MSS001
Grant duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance.
Do You Have What it Takes to Join Us?
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position.
- A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate (females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply) with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the following capacities
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable. If this typifies you, kindly read on.
Overall Job Function
- The Head of Management Support Services provides leadership in the organization’s efforts to develop, strengthen, and implement effective operational systems positioning the organization to fulfill its vision and mission.
- As a member of the senior management team, this position is responsible for spearheading key planning, administrative, and organizational development efforts.
- As leader of the Management Support team, this position directs the core organizational infrastructure including finance, grant, compliance, human resources, professional development, technology, insurance, and facilities.
- The position also oversees and implements special projects, including program development efforts, as assigned.
- The incumbent will be responsible for creating and maintaining a conducive and enabling environment for the smooth execution of the organization’s mandates through the strategic provision of the required administrative, human resource and ICT support services and provide leadership in the development, implementation, refinement, and coordination of enterprise-wide human resources processes and systems to ensure program effectiveness and services delivery.
- This is a collaborative role that will work cross-functionally with human resources, administration, finance, payroll and IT. The Head of Management Support will be a strategic thought-partner, hands-on and participative manager and report to the CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Management Systems/Human Resources:
- Leads the development, implementation, and tracking of the comprehensive organizational operating plan and performance management system, including developing and monitoring timelines and performance benchmarks.
- Oversees the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of organizational policies and procedures and employee handbook.
- Leads the analysis, creation, and execution of key human resource policies, procedures and systems, including staff recruitment, orientation, documentation, training/development, and evaluation, payroll, and benefits administration.
- Ensures compliance with all legal requirements regarding employment.
- Oversees the recruitment, hiring, management and training of human resources team, including staff, consultants, contractors, vendors, and volunteers.
- Provides leadership in the management, training, and development of staff and management team, including support for staff and management team meetings, retreats, and training sessions.
- Directs the development and supports implementation of a comprehensive grant administration system, including establishing policies and procedures, developing and monitoring timelines, and ensuring timely invoicing, reporting, communications and negotiations with funders.
- Ensures proper legal compliance with all administrative, procurement, insurance and employment practices.
- Oversees the design and implementation of a procurement system that will meet federal procurement standards including Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, and Receiving.
- Directs development, evaluation, Requests for Proposals (RFP) for subcontracts and selection of independent consultants.
- Oversees the recruitment, hiring, management and training of compliance/grant administration team, including staff, consultants, contractors, vendors, and volunteers.
- Leads/supports subcontracting process including contract negotiation, monitoring, documentation, performance and financial audits.
Operations, Facilities Management, & Technology:
- Supervises and supports management of multiple facilities, including janitorial services, building and equipment maintenance and repair, and security and safety.
- Oversees the development of facilities policies and procedures, including emergency planning, security and safety.
- Oversees the negotiation and lease of rented property.
- Manages and supports the implementation and maintenance of information technology, including computers, phones, and internet connectivity.
- Oversees the recruitment, hiring, management and training of facilities management and technology team, including staff, consultants, contractors, vendors, and volunteers.
- Directs the development and implementation of policies and procedures for use of IT, including MIS database.
- Oversees staff support and communications with the Board of Heads, including the preparation and dissemination of briefing materials, training sessions, meeting documentation, programs updates, fiscal reports, and external outreach plans. Attends Board of Heads meetings and Board committee meetings as assigned.
- Supports the planning and implementation of agency-wide programs, events, training, and outreach efforts.
- Serves as a member of the Senior Management Team and serves as on site manager as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates should possess a Four-year Degree or a minimum of eight years leadership experience in Information Technology, Business Administration, and/or Human Resources management; (MBA preferred)
- Demonstrated experience and success managing and leading technical and administrative teams in the implementation of large, multi-country, development and health programs in developing country settings;
- Must have in-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations as they pertain to technical, financial and administrative project functions;
- Minimum of five years of senior management experience in a nonprofit organization;
- Three to five years of program management/development in social work, public health, community development, or equivalent experience.
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting standards and employment law.
- Demonstrated leadership in establishing and maintaining constructive communications and healthy working relationships.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency with Tally ERP, database software – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated success leading complex, evolving, large-scale operations, tasks, and teams and working with multiple sectors and stakeholders and achieving programmatic and financial results.
- Proven strategic planner and team leader with strong technical knowledge, conceptual and analytical ability.
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME e.g. Associate Director / Head Management Support Services – MSS001 – Abuja – ADESUWA NWACHUKWU.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Qualified Locals and residents of this location are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival, and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.