Job ID 35054
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL)
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Project Support Unit
Purpose of the Position
- The Associate Manager, Measurement and Learning (M&L) will provide technical guidance to develop project frameworks, M&L systems and indicators to capture performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities.
- He/she will supervise and manage the M&L component of all eHA’s projects and oversee the collection, management, analysis and use of project data, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into project implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes.
- The Associate Manager, Measurement and Learning is responsible for documenting and disseminating project successes, challenges and lessons learned to eHA’s Senior Management Team (SMT).
- The Associate Manager, Measurement and Learning will also be responsible for designing and conducting assessments, operations research and evaluations to address project needs.
- The Associate Manager, Measurement and Learning, will support eHA’s Project Support Unit (PSU) predominantly by applying M&L knowledge, skills and experience to support the design and implementation of M&L systems for eHA programs/projects.
What You’ll Do
The Associate Manager, Measurement and Learning, will support eHA’s Measurement and Learning team predominantly by leading the Measurement, Monitoring and Review (MMR) across core countries projects:
- Supporting the development and implementation of M&L strategy outlining M&E systems for data collection, targeting and tracking for impact assessments, learning activities and reporting in compliance with the requirements provided in the project.
- Ensure that program MMR activities (including assessments, quality assurance, monitoring, building government capacity, etc.) are completed and on time.
- Find avenues to continually strengthen MMR by introducing new activities, increasing internal and government engagement with data, simplifying and/or automating existing activities, integrating TaRL data into government systems, etc.
- Streamline MMR tools, systems, analysis methods to bring uniformity across programs
- As needed, support the country teams / partners in designing MMR systems while ensuring that different stakeholder needs are met.
- Contributing to the design of new strategies, portfolio review, cross-cutting data initiatives with focus on coherent, integrated theories of change, measurable impact models, scaling, collaborations and implementation plans to ensure long-term sustainability and impact.
Lead and coordinate learning studies across programs to learn about program quality and implementation:
- Find opportunities across programs to conduct low-cost learning activities that align with the priorities in the organizational learning agenda as well as local needs
- Supporting the collection and management of data for research, identifying relevance and applicability to team-specific M&L activities.
- Guide the process for identifying the key performance questions and parameters for monitoring project performance and comparing it to targets. Design the format for such performance reports.
- Collaborate with staff and implementing partners in qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities, effects and impacts.
- Liaise with staff (as relevant) to ensure that lessons learned and recommendations from M&E activities are used to modify existing programmes and in the design of new activities
- Support rigorous research studies and evaluations by providing contextual knowledge for questionnaire design and analysis, and synthesizing learning into summaries.
- Creatively and regularly communicate program lessons and results with the Program Team and more broadly (e.g., through blogs, articles, podcasts, newsletters).
Supervise MLE activities to study innovations:
- Adapt and implement tools and techniques to improve the quality and use of data for decision-making.
- Review monitoring reports. Analyze them for impact evaluation and to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation.
- Support the development of new projects and proposals, in conjunction with the New Business Development team, to ensure standard practices
- Facilitate the management of project’s database
- Oversee the design of the learning plan, including the learning questions, overall activity plan, timelines, etc.
- Ensure that donors, partners, and senior management team (SMT) data queries are addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
Who you are:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health Epidemiology, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or related field or equivalent experience
- 6 – 8 years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large, multi-year international health sector development projects (approximately $5 -10M per year)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience and/or coursework in designing, implementing, or managing M&L systems or processes
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative data mining and analysis methodologies, implementation research approaches, health management information systems, data visualization and reporting
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts in both the public, NGO and private sectors.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with donors, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector
- Must have extensive knowledge in collaboration, learning, and adapting concepts for health projects.
- Must have exceptional communications and presentation skills, fluency in the English, strong teamwork and effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills and the ability to interact with stakeholders and partner, both public and private
- Proactive, self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge on writing technical reports and manuscripts, has the capacity to conduct literature and desk reviews with minimal support
- Proven data management and health programming experience
- Demonstrated use of Advanced Excel, Tableau, STATA, R, Power BI and Nvivo is required
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated
- Available to travel to deep field for project quality purposes within Nigeria and internationally.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online