Job ID 24322
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Project Control Officer
Job Requisition ID: JR2315741
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Family Type (not applicable for home-based): Non Family with Residential Location
Staff Member / Affiliate Type: Professional
Target Start Date: 2023-03-24
Standard Job Description
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships:
- The Associate Project Control Officer is part of the multi-functional team. In coordination with DFAM’s Implementing Partnership Management Service, s/he is responsible and accountable for providing substantive support, guidance, and oversight on the effective management of the Enhanced Framework for Implementing with Partners (the Framework) as well as oversight on the effective management of Direct Implementation.
- Complementary to programme management, s/he will support and conduct analysis and assessment of risks associated with partnerships and direct implementation, policy compliance, operational practices, mitigation measures and gaps and make technical recommendations or decisions in line with the principles of the Framework, of UN/UNHCR’s financial rules, policies and regulations and operational context.
- The incumbent prompts partnership integrity and other safeguarding mechanisms for ensuring sound stewardship and accountability of funds entrusted to partners or through direct implementation arrangements (e.g. contracts for the procurement of goods and/or services) to ensure resources are used in the most efficient and effective manner to attain the best results for persons of concern.
- The Associate Project Control Officer will promote dialogue and consultations for strengthening partnerships and have frequent contacts with UNHCR colleagues, particularly project control and programme staff.
- S/he may have contact with external stakeholders, such as UNHCR-funded partners, auditors, oversight bodies, and host governments on matters related to partnerships.
- The incumbent will be mindful of all dimensions of partnerships in accordance with the Principles of Partnership, the Code of Conduct, UN/UNHCR’s financial rules, policies and regulations and other relevant documents.
- In the Regional Bureaux, the incumbent works under the supervision of the Regional Controller. In the Country and Multi-Country Offices, the incumbent normally works under the direct supervision of the Representative or Deputy Representative, Head of Office or (Senior) Project Control Officer, as applicable.
- All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.
- In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Participate in the annual assessment and planning cycle.
- Review that project agreements are in conformity with Country Operation Plans and UNHCR¿s rules, policies and procedures.
- Formulate and implement a performance project monitoring plan in collaboration with the Programme Unit and MFT.
- Participate in the development of the direct implementation monitoring plan in collaboration with the Programme Unit and other relevant functions.
- Support Programme and other relevant functions in the selection of implementation modalities.
- Track the management of project and direct implementation risks in collaboration with the Programme Unit, and report major risks to senior management.
- Review, analyse and verify Financial and Performance Partner Reports (PFR and PPR), and check accuracy and consistency between PFR and PPR, in accordance with partnership agreements.
- Undertake missions within the geographical area of responsibility.
- Monitor, track and verify that expenditure for direct implementation by UNHCR is in line with the approved budget.
- Conduct reviews of the internal control systems of partners and provide advice as required.
- Provide feedback and recommendations of identified variants, risks and issues to the partner, Programme Unit and escalate to management as required.
- Prepare project control reports with the current status of programme implementation and financial status.
- Carry out timely project closure in coordination with the programme unit.
- Provide input to the midand end-year programme review process on issues related to project control and risk management.
- Maintain professional relationships with partners and UNHCR¿s contractors.
- Keep up-to-date with all UNHCR rules, regulations and procedures necessary to perform these duties.
- Report on financial and operational performance and risks related to projects and activities under direct implementation, and escalate issues to senior management.
- Recommend acceptance or non-acceptance of Partner Reports and payment of instalments.
- Advise on improvements related to implementing partnership and direct implementation management and internal controls.
- Contact partners for project related matters.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience:
- For P2/NOB 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education:
- Business Administration; Economics; Management; or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses:
- Accounting; Auditing; Assc Chartered Certificate Account
- Chartered Inst. Of Management Account
- Institute of Mgmt Accountants
- Chartered Accountant
- Certif. Practising Accountant.
Relevant Job Experience:
- Good knowledge of international auditing standards.
- Working experience of at least one year in an intergovernmental organization (United Nations or similar). Good understanding of the workflows of major Enterprise Resource Planning financial modules (such as PeopleSoft, SAP or Oracle). Working experience with accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS).
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- PM-Project Monitoring
- FI-International Auditing Standards
- EL-Monitoring and Evaluation
- DM-Data Collection and Analysis
- CO-Reporting skills
- FI-Financial auditing.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Kaduna North, Kaduna, Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)