Job ID 28255
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Stockgap Fuels Limited is a key player in the oil and gas downstream sector of the Nigerian economy. Stockgap is committed to providing access to the ever-increasing demand for energy in Nigeria. The company is currently engaged in the bulk storage and distribution of refined petroleum products (PMS, AGO, and DPK) and Liquefied PetroleumGas (LPG), also known as cooking gas. The company through its state-of-the-art storage terminal in Port-Harcourt has positioned itself as a reputable player in the downstream oil and gas sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automation and Instrumentation Engineer
- To design, program, simulate and test automated machinery and processes.To monitor, collect data and give reports on terminal depot activities and ensure the efficient and timely functioning of automated machines within Stockgap’s specifications.
Operations and Equipment Monitoring:
- Troubleshoot automated processes, instruments, or equipment when errors occur and manage repairs to ensure minimal downtime to terminal operations.
- Responsible for monitoring, managing, and maintenance of Remote Process Interfaces (RPI) in the terminal to ensure effective working conditions and escalate issues to responsible parties for maintenance when the need arises.
- Support to Design, Configure, Integrate and Implement process control solutions for the depot.
- Assist to Develop, Interpret and Review P&IDs and Loop Diagrams for processes and equipment in the terminal.
- Monitor all Terminal Automation System instrument installations (Pressure Transmitter/Level Transmitter/Temperature Transmitter, Pressure Gauges Emergency Short off Valves, etc.) in the terminal continuously for quality and prompt response during emergencies.
- Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance on all Terminal Automation System’s (TAS) instrument installations in the terminal to ensure good working conditions.
- Monitor alarms, errors, and health status of Batch Controller Units (BCU) during operation for set configuration lists and smooth loading and unloading process.
- Responsible for the identification of plant, equipment, and process isolations within the bounds of the Work Permit System and in accordance with QHSE policies and procedures.
- Understand and ensure compliance with Health and Safety Regulations and quality standards.
Truck/Vessel Loading and Unloading Operations
- Monitor and manage all Terminal Automation Instruments and devices through displays, graphics, and trend logs during operations.
- Communicate with field operators on unsafe alarms emanating from Terminal Automation System Instruments/ devices in the field as required.
Terminal Security and Surveillance:
- Monitor deployed CCTV cameras for terminal security and surveillance purposes and report suspicious incidents to the Head, Automation/ Security Team.
- Maintain and troubleshoot surveillance infrastructure and keep adequate records of video inventory for a period of time for reference purposes.
- Maintain Occupational health and safety standards in the office environment.
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies, and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times.
- Minimum of B.Sc. Second Class Honours (Upper Division)/ HND Upper Credit in Electrical Engineering or Automation / Instrumentation courses.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in the oil and gas industry with excellent engineering designs and execution.
- Good knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and regulations for electrical and instrumentation engineering.
- Experience working with a variety of control systems including DDC, DCS, and PLC system – knowledge on ladder / logic interpretations a must.
- Experience designing and programming control systems with an emphasis on PLCs, SCADA, or HMI systems (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition, Human Machine Interface) is required.
- Control system networking and industrial communication protocols.
- Communication (verbal and written).
- Industry and business knowledge
- Analytical Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Organisational skills
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:firstname.lastname@example.org the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note:Only qualified candidates would be contacted.