Job ID 32107
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Glocient Hospitality is a top-notch hospitality management company currently focused on transforming the Ikogosi Warm Springs and resort in Ekiti State into a world-class vacation resort. We are clear-cut and determined to set a global standard in the tourism and hospitality sector as we provide all-around excellence and peerless satisfaction in service delivery to our guests.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Banqueting Officer
- Execution of banquet functions to ensure that expectations are met in accordance with the contract, banquet event order, and pre-conference meetings.
- Ensuring efficient and safe usage of food and beverage items, banquet equipment, tools, and service equipment.
- Ensure fulfillment of banquet requisition of events and/or engagement with clients.
- Work with the Banquet Chef and kitchen staff to ensure proper food preparation and timing, and that all last-minute changes are taken care of in order to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Regularly check supply levels and complete appropriate requisition forms for additional supplies.
- Review banquet event orders with the banquet host, chef, and other banquet staff.
- Supervising the placement of tables, chairs, cutlery, plates, glasses, table linens, centerpieces, heating lamps, serving utensils, and carving stations.
- Allocate and distribute work among the banquet staff.
- Ensure compliance with established standards of service, operating, safety procedures, and personal hygiene and appearance standards of staff.
- Promote the practice of service distinctiveness to improve customer satisfaction.
- Review internal processes in the customer interaction cycle with culinary, beverage, and stewarding, and identify areas for improvement.
- Planning the venue layout according to the number of guests and the type of event.
- Assume responsibility for all banquet facilities, including cleanliness, repair, maintenance, and reporting any deficiencies required.
- Responsible for building relationships with other Food & Beverage departments to ensure that all resources are being equally shared and that the entire division operates as a team.
- Accredited certificate or Diploma in Catering, Culinary Arts, Hospitality, or a similar field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality and Culinary Arts is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in banquet management or a similar field
- Knowledge of catering management software is an added advantage.
- Ability to plan banquets, manage budgets and meet deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with catering equipment and venue requirements
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in the hospitality industry.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online