Job ID 21162
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
At Beiersdorf we have been caring about skin since 1882. Throughout our history we have built trust by staying close to our consumers and developing innovative skin care brands that are tailored to their needs. We work as one global team, with one focus: making people feel good in their skin. Everywhere. Every day. As we head into the future, we want to become the number one skin care company in the world. Making people feel good in their skin means different things to different people. That’s why, across our three global skin care brands – NIVEA, Eucerin, and La Prairie – we cater for all sorts of needs and operate across different markets: mass market, dermocosmetics, and premium.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand Manager, Nigeria
- To assure the long-term growth of Beiersdorf CEWA, with specific focus on NG, through the continuous development of its brands in line with the Company’s brand strategies.
- To drive the achievement of specific net sales and market share objectives through the implementation of the annual marketing plan across specific brand responsibilities.
Annual Marketing Plan:
- Support the development of the annual Marketing Plan as per PMP and ABP requirements (including NS forecast, market share predictions, competitor analysis, brand investment and strategic priorities).
- Communicate with and influence Demands, Supply, Finance, Sales and Shopper & Customer marketing to ensure they deliver appropriate customer marketing plan.
- Propose brand activity and measurable objectives in line with CU 2 strategies.
- Following detailed category and competitor reviews, develop communication and promotional strategies including both ATL and BTL plans; as well as new product development (launches) needed in order to meet the objectives.
- Monitor brand performance and propose appropriate changes to the plan throughout the year.
- Assortment control: Carry out assortment analysis, NPD performance & discontinuations to ensure we have the most relevant and efficient range at all times.
- Launch Management: Ensure all planned launches happen On Time & In Full, carry out proper launch tracking & undertake any required corrective action to ensure business case is met
Consumer Understanding & Insights:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the local business consumer needs and competitive context.
- Develop relevant consumer insights that can be exploited for business gain in terms of product development and communication development.
Marketing & Communications Strategy:
- Understand the media landscape and media consumption of target market.
- Execution of agreed marketing communications activities in line with the category strategy, making use of available material and local adaptation where required.
- Management of Local Influencer and Celebrity campaigns.
- Work closely with the local S&CM team to plan and flawlessly execute all consumer BTL initiatives as part of 360 campaigns
- Monitor and steer the development of Net Sales and IMS to achieve category growth plans via S&OP participation.
- Analysis of market data (Data Orbis, Kantar and Nielsen when available), identification of key issues and opportunities & provision of recommendations for appropriate corrective action.
Control of Brand Profitability & Budget:
- Provide input into local pricing strategy, using robust market, consumer and competitor analysis.
- Accurately manage the marketing investment/ budget in line with the agreed Marketing Plan and to reconcile and amend as necessary during the financial year.
- Liaise with direct manager for budget amendments when necessary.
Maximization of Return on Investment:
- Consistently seek, review and evaluate alternative marketing investment opportunities in order to maximize ROI against agreed brand objectives. This includes post campaign analysis on all marketing investments.
- Work with Procurement management to ensure the company is receiving best value for money.
Input into Customer Marketing Plan:
- Influence and agree the customer marketing activities with Sales and S&CM to achieve the agreed Customer Marketing Plan in line with promotional strategy
Social Mission Management:
- Coordinate and implement Social Mission activities in Nigeria in line with the Global Social Mission including identification and management of local partners and initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or any Business-related Course.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an FMCG company within Marketing or Shopper & Customer Marketing.
- Good strategic understanding on category development levers.
- Strong organizational & analytical skills.
- Strong influencing and communication skills.
- Commercial acumen and P&L management.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Takes responsibility, self-motivated and uses initiative.
- Strong team player and willing to support others.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Language: Excellent verbal and written communication in English. Additional international language beneficial.
- High proficiency in MS Office applications.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online