Job ID 30221
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash Management and Payments Officer
- We seek an individual who will be responsible for managing incoming and outgoing cash effectively.
- He/She will Liaise with banks and maintain security and confidentiality of financial records.
- The Cash Management and Payment Officer, this position reports to the Team Lead, Cash Management and Payment.
- Ensure up-to-date database of operating banks, and their account details and facilitate documentation requirements.
- Ensure timely payment of payroll transactions/staff reimbursement.
- Ensure timely payment of statutory dues of the company (VAT/WHT).
- Ensure vendor’s payment accuracy and timeliness in accordance with contractual obligations and turnaround time on NGX-GAAPs.
- Monitor bank balances and perform bank fee analysis.
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly reconciliation of all banks maintained by Nigerian Exchange and follow up of unreconciled transactions with the concerned department.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure reconciliation of various treasury-related GL codes with trial balance.
- Ensure processing of all cash and bank transactions in the business system (ERP).
- Ensure preparation of weekly reconciliations of all bank accounts maintained by Nigerian Exchange.
- Ensure all cheque payments are supported by authorized invoices.
- Ensure cash advance ledger is reconciled monthly and retirement are supported by appropriate documentation and authorized signatory.
- Ensure prompt, efficient and accurate service in processing requests and transactions on NGX GAPs electronic payment platform.
- Take corrective action to resolve issues such as payment discrepancies
Person Specification & Required Qualification (s)
- B.Sc / HND Degree in Banking, Accounting, Finance, Economics or a similar field;
- 2-5 years cognate experience in a similar role;
- At least one relevant professional qualification e.g. ACCA, ACA.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “NGX Recruitment- Cash Management and Payments Officer” as the subject of the email.