Job ID 10576
Experience 15 Years +
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications BA/BSc/HNDSecondary School (SSCE)
Imo State University was established in 1981 through law No. 4 passed by the Imo State House of Assembly. Established with the vision of pursuing the advancement of learning and academic excellence, the university has been unrelenting in the pursuit of its mission of becoming a citadel of learning, a community with the trademark of excellence in teaching, research and service to humanity, a catalyst as well as an agent for development.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
Location: Owerri, Imo
Qualifications & Experience
The candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- First Degree or equivalent from a recognized institution plus a Professional Certificate in Security Training from a reputable institution.
- SSCE / NECO / WASCE / GCE O/L Credit in 5 subjects including Mathematics and English is compulsory.
- In addition, candidate must have a minimum of 19 years post qualification relevant experience in a University or other institutions of higher learning or related recognized organizations.
- Experience in relevant arm of Law Enforcement or any of the Armed Forces at a Management / Senior level will be an added advantage, such experience should be supported with a career profile.
- Applicants should have the experience and drive to motivate other security personnel as well as provide excellent security coverage for the whole University Community within approved schemes and calendars.
- Knowledge of Computer will be an added advantage
Conditions of Service
- This is as applicable in the Imo State University Conditions of Service.
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit thirty (30) copies of their Applications accompanied by relevant certificates and credentials. Such applications must be accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) showing the following:
- Names in full
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin / Local Government Area
- Home Address
- Present Postal Address
- Phone Number
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education (including dates and Institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualification (including Distinctions with dates)
- Statements of Experience including full details of former and present posts.
- Names and addresses of three referees.
All applications are to be forwarded to:
Acting Registrar / Secretary to Council,
Imo State University,
Owerri, Imo State.
Note: In addition to stating names and addresses of three Referees, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf to the Acting Registrar / Secretary to Council.