Job ID 5904
Experience 14 Years +
Gender Male or Famele
The University of Port Harcourt was established in 1975 as a College of the University of Lagos and gained full autonomous status in 1977. The University is a Centre of Academic Excellence with a mandate to provide qualitative and research oriented education in the Niger Delta region and Nigeria at large.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The right candidate for this position must possess an Honours Degree in Law / Criminology / Security Studies / Public Administration / Sociology and other related disciplines, with at least fourteen (14) years cognate experience plus NYSC Discharge / Exemption / Exclusion Certificate.
- He or she must have verifiable track record of competence, four (4) of which must be as a Deputy Chief Security Officer or a retired Officer not below the rank of an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) or its equivalent rank in any of the Armed Forces with a minimum of ten(10) years experience on the job.
- He or she must have been trained in Crime Management, Prevention and Control and must be in a very good health condition to be able to withstand the demands of this Office.
Conditions of Service
These are as applicable in the Nigerian University System.
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to forward ten (10) copies of their applications, accompanied with detailed CV, including names and addresses of three(3) Referees, photocopies of Certificates and relevant Credentials to the:
University of Port Harcourt,
P.M.B. 5323 – Port Harcourt,
- The Post applied for should be indicated on the top left corner of the envelope.
- Candidates should also request their Referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the Acting Registrar.
- Candidates invited for interview should bring along with them, the originals of their Credentials.