Job ID 29659
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Child Protection in Emergency Officer
Job Identification: 2293
Post Type: National
Job Category: Programme Operations
Job Schedule: Full time
- This position is responsible for ensuring proper and quality implementation of the Case management and other components of the Child protection programme. .
- S/he will need to co-ordinate with other Emergency Response team members and SC staff, especially Implementation Management, health, education and other relevant technical sectors, to ensure a rapid, proportionate and effective response.
- S/he will need to ensure response to immediate child protection issues with simultaneous consideration of longer term needs and possible scenarios.
- Depending on the situation the specialist may need to take a very active role in technical co-ordination, support and advocacy with the country specific child protection sector and other stakeholders and technical agencies relevant to the sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for technical supervision and training of all case workers working with the UASC.
- Daily supervision of the Child protection case workers.
- Ensure that case workers are trained on UASC and registration of the children
- Ensure the quality of the registration forms.
- Make referrals of the registered children to the Ministry of women and social development.
- Ensure that children are followed up and receiving proper case management.
- Ensure that cases are prepared for case discussions/ case management meetings
- Ensure partner staff are well supported to implement the entire project
- In collaboration with the CP coordinator conduct trainings for the partner staff, the ministry staff and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all activities under his/her supervision are conducted so as to comply with the obligations of the SC beneficiaries, staff and other stakeholders under his/her jurisdiction, in accordance system of quality supervision, including the CPiE minimum standard and SPHERE standards.
Program implementation and development:
- Identify gaps in service provision to Internal Displaced Children, with a special attention to UASC and proactively referring and advocate for those gaps to relevant in coordination with the CPiE coordinator
- Together with the case workers ensure vulnerability of the identified and registered children are responded to involvement of the community where appropriate ensuring the best interest of the child.
- Establish/maintain a regular system of project evaluation and progress monitoring, using both qualitative and quantitative indicators, data collection, feeding into program adjustments and regular reporting as well as advocacy and new programme development
- Undertake any other roles as may be assigned by the
- In collaboration with the SC CP Officer, Co-Lead with the Ministry of Women Affairs and social development to ensure case management meeting are carried out regularly.
- Coordinate with the CP sub-sector (Coordination at the field level) in order to assure that adequate and children-centered solutions are taken in consideration in the strategic planning of activities
- Ensure the cases that are identified and registered are captured correctly and shared with the M&E officer.
- Ensure that all interventions in regards to UASC are captured appropriately, Including follow-ups and referrals.
- Report weekly, monthly and quarterly on case management in the field as requested.
- Report weekly, monthly and quarterly on the CP interventions in Borno state.
- The Child Protection in Emergency Officer is the technical supervisor for all case workers who work in case management and closely work with the implementing partner’s officers.
Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Social work, Social Science, development Studies or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience
- Between three and four years of work experience in Protection work, supervision, community mobilisation and distributions and solid understanding of the actual Nigeria Emergency context.
- Proven ability to supervise a CP project with holistic approach and integrated to child protection right
- Speaking fluent English, and other languages of Northern Nigeria is an advantage
- Computer literate.
- High level of personal integrity, commitment and professional responsibility
- Excellent communication skills, and able to use HF, VHF radios
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Mature personality with life experience is an advantage
- Able to be a self-started and work in challenging contexts and fragile environment.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future-orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
Application Closing Date
26th July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)