Job ID 25646
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Stern & Kay is a management consulting firm providing consulting services to organisations to help them anticipate and identify human capital management needs. At Stern & Kay, we work closely with your organisation to gain a deep insight into your business. We take the time to understand your organisation’s challenges, objectives, opportunities and strengths to enable us provide effective tailor-made human capital solutions for your organisation. We recruit, train and develop the right calibre of personnel for organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Church Accountant / Bookkeeper
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: The Chairman and Church Treasurer
- We are seeking a talented & dynamic individual to fill the position of an Accountant in a Church. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Church’s financial accounting and reporting functions.
- Management of monthly closing process, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Preparation of financial reports for Annual General Meeting.
- Provision of financial services to the Church Council and other statutory bodies.
- Preparation of weekly financial reports.
- Preparation of Payroll, tax forms and annual returns.
- Accountability for cheques and invoices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited educational institution. Accounting concentration courses required if not an accounting degree
- 3+ years of experience including closing the books.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including MS Word, Excel and other accounting software.
- Strong interpersonal & Leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Attention to details.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.