Job ID 4093
Experience Not Stated
Gender Male or Famele
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Management Officer (GAC SRH / GBV)
Location: Dikwa, Borno
- CARE Nigeria is seeking the engagement of Clinical Service Providers (Mobile Outreach Community Health Workers) for the implementation of the implementation of the mobile outreach component of its Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) response activities for the GAC project.
- The Clinical Management officer will be responsible for patient consultations & drug prescription in line with the Nigerian Clinical Guideline & WHO protocol. Provide mentorship to the nurses & Laboratory staffs and assess gaps in patient care/management.
- S/He shall monitor the stock level of both pharmaceutics & Laboratory supplies. Conducting routine mobile health outreach activities at designated service delivery points in the LGA mentioned above.
- S/He will provide quality clinical lifesaving SRH services to beneficiaries in both IDP camps and host communities, with particular emphasis on hard-to-reach areas.
- S/He will also work in active collaboration with primary health facility staff and community volunteers to create demand for the uptake of services and facilitate timely referral of complicated conditions to secondary health care facilities.
Responsibilities And Tasks
Job Responsibility 1: Technical and Program Support to Health Facilities /Outreach Services Areas (25%):
- Provide technical and program support to ensure quality implementation of comprehensive Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights activities with focus on LARC& PAC in the FOSAs
- Develop a weekly work plan and movement plan for activities in the FOSAs
- Capacity building for service providers through training and retraining and continuously identifying other training needs for quality program implementation
- Develop, Training TOR, Budget, and Contract and Advance request guided by work plan, budget and liquidate expenses after training with support from the PM
- Provide on the job coaching and mentoring for service provider
- Strengthen local coordination meeting and attend state coordination meeting on request by supervisor to advocate for Sexual Reproductive Health & Rights Services in the State
- Support the establishment and effective delivery of SRHR outreach services in target communities
- Initiate and ensure active referral system is available in FOSAs with referral protocol place on the wall in all FOSAs
- Support in development of project work plan, budget, expenditure plan
- Participate in patient consultations
- Attend to emergency cases while on duty
- Arrange the mobile timetable and ensuring the health clinic is cover by the clinical team.
- Provide spot checks on the procedure performed by the nurse’s/lad personnel.
- Provide on job mentorship to the nurses
- Perform quick evaluation for patients for Referral to Secondary/Tertiary level of care
- Maintain a good record keeping system and undertake continuous monitoring and regular evaluation of the project activities.
Job Responsibility 2 – Quality Control and Assurance (25%):
- Conduct regular Skills Assessments of the clinical competencies of the service providers and develop coaching plans for the non-proficient providers.
- Ensure that the FOSA have the right commodity, consumables, medical supplies to make sure there is no stocks out at any point in time of LARC /PAC commodities
- Maintain high level of infection prevention control through, provision of IP SOP, sharps box, decontamination buckets and SOP place on the wall
- Request for relevant and up to date IEC/BCC materials and job Aids for all FOSAs
- Ensure all aspects of patient/client record are properly documented using appropriate and relevant tools and well stored in a private and confidential key and lock cabinet
- Ensure that weekly reports and returns are submitted to the PM and relevant government authorities as stipulated in the regulations and policies
- Identify training needs for CARE staff and suggest ways of meeting those needs
Responsibility 3 – Monitoring and Learning (25%):
- Ensure the regular data collection using appropriate tools from the supported FOSAs, and entry into the DISC in the database for analysis of the data collected in order to make recommendations to the supported health structures and the Project Manager
- Identify problems with the DISC and flag it to the M& E officer/PM, also suggest ways of improving data collection, storage and use for decision making
- Participate in monthly tripartite meetings bringing together FOSA providers, community facilitators, CARE staff and the Health District to analyze the data, identify the difficulties encountered and help them find solutions
- Conduct monthly supportive Supervisions to all the FOSAs in collaboration with the SPHDA LGA RH focal persons /SMOH officials
- Supports monitoring and evaluation initiatives at selected facilities/communities including analysis of supply chain system in the state to strengthen existing system and suggest best practices
- Establish and use strong compliant and feedback systems to track and report compliant and feedback to support effective delivery of SRHR service In collaboration with the ward / facility committee members Periodically review performance metrics with the Monitoring & Evaluation officer and employ use of data for decision making that promotes high quality clinical care services
- Identify and document and dissemination of appropriate success stories, experiences, best practice and lessons, at least one every 3 months
- Encourage sharing of learning and experience with the team, across the organization and with like-minded/peer organizations
- Assist in data entry and validation of all mobile clinic data
Responsibility 4 – Relationship with Staff / Management (20%):
- Develop a good communication and interpersonal relationship with other project staff and CARE staff to avoid creating a tense environment in the work place
- Manage and resolve problems amicably following appropriate communication channels and procedures
- Listens and accept constructive criticism
- Understand CARE’s vision, mission and practice the core values of CARE
- Cultivate good working relationships with service providers, community, MOH staff, local CSO , INGOs , UN agencies etc.
- Foster teamwork among supervised staff and with staff from other units/departments
- Represent CARE at coordination meetings in their location
- Organizes community sensitization health talk through the community linkage structures (VHTs, Extension workers)
Responsibility 5 – Perform any other duties assigned (5%) – Not only limited to:
- Ability to willingly accept and take up additional responsibilities
- Ability to share knowledge and skills for the purpose of knowledge and skill transfer to other staffCarry out any other duties and responsibilities, which may be assigned by the management from time to time
- Provide regular feedback to the Project Manager on the clinic activities.
- Participate in the development of mobile health clinic work plans and reviewing them on a monthly basis with the project Manager
- Participate in proposal writing and budget development
- Supervise nurses/mobile team staff activities.
- Ensure monthly reports are compiled and of good quality.
- The position is in Dikwa with on-need-basis travels to Maiduguri to receive support, plan activities and update the PM on progress of activities in the field (100% of project locations).
- It involves liaising with and coordinating activities with providers, community health workers, Local Government Authorities, implementing partners, other humanitarian actors and stakeholders within the areas of operation.
- It is essential that the Clinical Management Officer maintain active presence in the field to ensure proper technical support, implementation and supervision of clinical SRH service delivery by both health providers and mobile outreach teams.
- However, She/He will be required to travel to Maiduguri at periodic intervals, for meetings, planning, training events and reporting purposes.
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is 100% BASE location.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)