Job ID 34298
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Supervisor
Job ID: sfh-45346
Locations: Borno, Taraba and Kano
Employment Type: Full time
- Clinical Supervisor to provide oversight of all clinical services in the OSS. The anticipated impact of the Clinical Supervisor will be commitment to the KPs at risk or infected with HIV and to their continuity on ARV treatment, care, support, and prevention service.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Clinical services: clinical assessment of HIV positive key population clients/ STI screening and management, TB screening and prevention, HIV prevention services: condom and lubricant programming, PrEP, cervical cancer screening and management, HIV education.
- Documentation: complete documentation of clients demographics, services rendered and other essential parameters on the ART care card, facility care and support checklist, adult initial clinical evaluation forms and pharmacy order
- Meetings: OSS weekly meetings, program weekly meetings, trainings, OSS bi-weekly presentations and any other meeting as directed.
- Programs: Surg activities: HTS, viral load and INH optimization
- Supervises the activities and provide guidance to other members of the OSS.
- Report writing weekly work plan, weekly program report, trip reports.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a medical Degree (MBBS, MBChB, or MBBCh) from a recognized institution. Possession of an advanced education in a HIV related field would be added advantage.
- Minimum of three years medical experience in providing care for clients
- Two years’ experience in the direct provision of Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) services in an integrated community health center setting.
- Fluency in Hausa language in addition to English language and other local languages
- Knowledge of WHO and national HIV prevention, treatment, care, and support guidelines including the TB/HIV guidelines
- Knowledge on KP programming and HIV program management
- Knowledge of client-centered differentiated service delivery models for key populations
- Ability to prepare technical reports using microsoft power point and deliver presentation to high caliber audience confidently; proficiency in use of microsoft excel and word packages.
- Proven ability to work in a team with people of different cultural, religious background, lifestyles, and sexual orientation.
Skills and Competency required:
- Good relationship management/ advocacy skills
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS office packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook among other
- Must possess good data analysis, report writing, interpretation, and presentation skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership/mentoring skills, supervisory and good interpersonal skills
- Patient counselling
- High level of integrity and adherence to professional ethics
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a good listener that is easy to talk to.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online