Job ID 33042
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Associate
Job Type: Full-time
- The Compliance Associate joins a cross-functional supply chain budget management unit in support of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) and Global Fund projects.
- The Associate collaborates with compliance, technical, and finance staff to ensure third-party logistics (3PL) invoices are reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
- Specifically, the Compliance Associate is accountable for confirming all invoices under review are backed up with sufficient supporting documentation and are in alignment with contractual terms and conditions.
- The Compliance Associate is also accountable for flagging cases where invoices are insufficiently supported, documenting such feedback in a central tracker, and clearly and consistently communicating such feedback to staff responsible for vendor management and communication.
- Finally, the Compliance Associate is also accountable for keeping accurate and organized physical and digital files to ensure supervisors have visibility into the status of all invoices under review.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Review third-party logistics (3PL) invoices against invoice review checklists and standard operating procedures (SOPs); ensure invoices are supported by backup documentation and aligned with contractual terms and conditions.
- Confirm the presence of contractual deliverables for all invoiced charges and flag noncompliance for follow-up by Compliance Manager
- Confirms each invoice package for completeness
- Work closely with the Compliance Manager to review all Pods as against 3PL invoices and communicate feedback accordingly
- Communicates mis-applied unit rates and/or a lack of supporting documentation/deliverables to the Compliance manager for appropriate follow-up
- Vetting of NISRN Pods as against 3PL contractual deliverables
- Flags instances of invoice and contract misalignment
- Follow-up with responsible persons for missing support documents/deliverables.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant finance, compliance and audit experience required
- Experience working in the logistics industry preferred (warehousing and distribution)
- Experience using project and finance management tools, systems, and trackers required
- Moderate to Expert-level Microsoft application skills required, including Office, SharePoint, and Excel; knowledge of Smartsheet preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to solve problems creatively, multitask, work under tight deadlines, and learn new concepts quickly
- Fluency in financial and project management systems
- Leads effective meetings and demonstrated presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership, management, organizational, and decision-making skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online