Job ID 20126
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.) is an international development organisation committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the persons communities of the world. Based on our Christian values and more than 100 years of professional expertise, we address poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability. We work in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Travel activities: yes
These are your responsibilities:
- The incumbent of the position will report directly to the Field Finance and Compliance Director and will be responsible and accountable for all field compliance matters in CBM’s Regions of Operations.
- S/he will establish, and help implement regional, country and local partner compliance standards with regard to programmatic and financial accountability requirements.
- S/he provides rapid accountability support to ensure that the organisation reacts appropriately to non-compliance cases.
- Participates in the processes to set compliance and accountability standards, tools and methodologies for early warning systems.
- Act as “hands-on” support to ensure resolution of compliance issues and reports back to the case specific stakeholders
- Identifies, captures and communicates pertinent information, in a form and time frame that enables management to take due action
- Implements and manages the issue resolution process of Critical Issues incidents in the region of operation and reports back on a regular basis to management; including drawing up of a list of lessons learnt after a resolution process and building this into project compliance audit process.
- Actively seeks for opportunities and areas to embed field compliance control activities in internal policies and procedures that help ensure donor and contractual compliance.
- Communicates and trains staff at regional, country and partner level on CBM´s programmatic and financial compliance standards in order to mitigate non-compliance issues and assure sustainable field compliance practices
- Identify and analyse field compliance risks on an on-going basis and report to the head of department on specific cases and general trends
- Establish a process that assesses the quality of Partner and Project system’s performance over time to track and monitor the occurrence of critical issues
Supporting core business functions:
- Develops an excellent understanding, skills, knowledge and behaviour that is aligned to Business needs and wider organizational strategy
- Takes responsibility for ensuring timely, accurate and complete reporting for field compliance findings to Management, Regional Hubs and Country Offices in line with timelines stipulated for CBM reporting calendar
- Performs detailed analysis of field compliance findings and prepares high-level reports on trends and suggests mitigation measures.
- Working within Regional Hub’s teams of competence to undertake Partner Assessments
These are your qualifications:
- Holder of a University Degree in Accounting, Business Management or similar and CPA/ACA/ACCA.
- A minimum of five years of leadership experience in a similar position, preferably with an international development organisation working in audit, risk and compliance management
- Good knowledge of fund requirements of major aid agencies for example EU, DFID, BMZ.
- Strategic compliance partner with sound judgement and influencing skills.
- Actively manages and ensures strong internal controls and compliance with CBM policies and procedures.
- Exhibits a deep understanding of value flows of business (responsibilities and processes).
- Possesses ability to identify and address areas of improvements (efficiency, growth and risk)
- Deep technical knowledge in areas of financial management, risk and compliance
- Knowledge in maintaining highly optimized compliance processes
- English: professional proficiency
- French (an added advantage)
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access, incl. Teams)
- SharePoint Solutions
- Knowledge of Teammate+ auditing system (an added advantage)
What we offer
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world’s leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development;
- A fair salary and other social benefits based on the local conditions in the country you apply for;
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people in a diverse and collegial team and great team spirit.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates should include a Letter of Motivation, CV and relevant (work) references to complete their application.
- This position is only with contractual conditions of the respective country. An expatriation is not intended.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)