Job ID 21460
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The Microfinance Agricultural Learning and Development Centre (MLDC) is one of the initiatives of the Nigerian Microfinance Platform (NMP). MLDC was conceived as a sustainable process of capacity building for the microfinance sub-sector that operates on two important considerations: relevant, world-class curriculum and affordability. MLDC is envisioned to be a resource centre for all microfinance institutions and their stakeholders in Nigeria and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Purpose / Objectives
- The organisation seeks to hire the services of a qualified Accountant /Compliance officer to provide full statutory compliance support to MLDC and NMP management team to ensure a high level of processes are maintained.
The successful candidate will:
- Guarantee that MLDC business processes and transactions follow all ethical, legal, and internal guidelines while meeting its business goals and objectives.
- To Develop compliance programs, review of company’s policies and employee work, identify policy violations and advise management on possible risks.
- Identification of control weaknesses and ensuring early warning signals are communicated.
- Identify Internal Control deficiencies and suggest appropriate control measures to be implemented.
- Review policies, processes, and procedures to ensure that MLDC has adequate controls in place to mitigate risk.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and documentation of Internal Control frameworks, and MOUs with our developmental partners and ensure MLDC has well-documented and cost-effective controls.
- Timely and adequate delivery of action plans and monitoring progress to address and resolve control deficiencies.
- Ensure strict adherence to guidelines, policies, procedures, and statutory provisions.
- Works collaboratively with the business and project owners to monitor and implement remediation efforts that result from Internal Control assessments and ensure effective implementation of corrective action(s).
- Prepayment review, vouching and verification of documents and approval processes. Review cash advance & expense requests to ensure they are in line with management policies prior to payment. Daily verification and vouching of payment workflow.
- Perform administrative duties of MLDC and the NMP secretariat.
- Audit review and compliance with our auditors.
- To support all departments with their processes, especially the corporate service unit.
- Other Duties as may be assigned by management.
- First Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must possess ACA or ACCA
- Experience and the added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years of accounting and relevant compliance/internal control experience is required
- Readiness to accommodate travels outside the regular workstation.
N220,000 – N270,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV as well as relevant documents to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.