Job ID 29064
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultancy for the Development of National Safemotherhood Strategy
Job ID: 2023-5317
Category: International Positions
Employment Status: Consultant
- USAID Momentum Country and Global Leadership Quality of Care (MCGL QoC) project is a multi-year project that provides technical and capacity development assistance (TCDA) to ministries of health and other country partners to expand global leadership and learning and enable government-led partnerships to deliver high-quality, evidence-based interventions that accelerate reductions in maternal, newborn, and child mortality and morbidity.
- MCGL QOC has a geographic scope restricted to the national level but extended through partners to currently 24 States of Nigeria.
- MCGL-QoC wishes to support the Reproductive Health Division of the Department of Family Health; Federal Ministry of Health with the services of a Consultant.
- He/She will lead the process of developing the Safe Motherhood, End Preventive Maternal Mortality Strategy for Doctors, Nurses/Midwives, Community Health Extension Workers, Program managers, Administrators, Policy makers etc to improve Quality of Care in Nigeria.
The scope of the review process would involve the following:
- Review and make inputs to the Zero draft
- Adapt/Adopt locally and internationally existing materials/documents.
- National stakeholders’ reviews
- Finalization and Validation of document
- Launching and Dissemination
- Lead the National Safe Motherhood development process• Support Desk review of End Preventive Maternal Mortality Materials
- Support/plan the stakeholders’ consultative analysis meeting
- Orient stakeholders on the processes.
- Articulate and document the identified areas of focus in (d)
- Support/plan meetings to review/finalize the draft National Safe Motherhood
- Draft National Safe Motherhood Strategy document
- Candidates should possess a University Degree, preferably in one of the following: Obstetrics and Gynaecology,Nursing/ Midwifery, Public Health.
- Post-graduate degree in Public Health, in Epidemiology or other related public health fields will be an advantage
- Previous Experience in Adaptation of policy, curriculum etc
- Currently in Clinical Practice
- Certified/LSS Master Trainer is an added advantage
- Public Health Publications on maternal and newborn health
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages, including working knowledge of health data management packages like EPI INFO, etc
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure and collaboratively in a team.
- Advanced level of spoken and written English
N100,000 / Day
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.
- The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer