Job ID 1900
Experience 3 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S. Currently, MGIC operates in Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia, with registration application in-process in Haiti. These operations support the research and clinical programs of the SOM, Institute of Human Virology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant, NDR-NHMIS
Location: Abuja (FCT) ,
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 30 Days
- Over the years, many Health Information Systems (HIS) have been developed for the purpose of collecting, processing, and disseminating data. These HIS do not speak to one another to share data or compare results. With the proliferation of different technology platforms, data dictionaries, definitions, and funding awards for managing, sharing, and utilizing data, it has become imperative that resources be dedicated to integrating these various repositories towards supporting policy development and high-level decision making.
- The National Health Management Information System (NHMIS) is built off the open-source DHIS2 platform and provides a robust set of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for extensibility purposes. These Java-based APIs allow for the development of modules that extend the inbuilt functionality of the platform, in areas such as data ingestion and analysis.
- The National Data Repository (NDR) is a custom application built on top of the open-source ASP.NET Core platform. A significant design decision during the development of the NDR was the inclusion of an interoperability layer that would allow disparate platforms with widely varying data needs to integrate seamlessly with the information on the NDR.
- The two platforms are similar in that they collect data from facilities across the country that are used to drive policy interventions at the National level. However, there are key differences in the way data are collected, stored, processed, and presented – such as: where the NHMIS receives aggregate data from facilities; the NDR has been engineered to receive and process patient-level data. There are also differences in the sources of data reported on each platform and the reporting timelines.
- To enable interoperability between the NHMIS and the NDR for reporting purposes, UMB has been tasked with developing the necessary process integrations and data validation mechanisms to allow the NHMIS receive aggregate data for reportable indicators computed from the data on the NDR. It would also allow the NDR receive aggregate data from the NHMIS for data validation purposes.
MGIC is seeking the expertise of a Consultant who will work closely monitor and deliver on the following:
- Mapped data element from NDR to NHMIS
- Develop NHMIS API
- Mapped NDR API to NHMIS API
- Secured handshake between NDR and NHMIS.
- NHMIS Integration Module
- Functional NDR-NHMIS workflow
- 100% NDR-NHMIS Data concurrence
- 100% Bulk Legacy Data Upload
- Effective routine procedure pulls.
- Final Implementation
Scope of work
Map Dataset Elements:
- Participate in generating a list of all the data elements on the NDR and the NHMIS.
- Participate in developing and reviewing a mapping line list of the data elements.
- Participate in the mapping of the data elements on the NDR and NHMIS.
- Participate in the review and update of the mapped data elements on NDR and NHMIS.
- Participate in providing input to SOP development.
- Participate in the review of the developed SOP
Exchange Standard and Format:
- Develop a test platform for NHMIS.
- Develop the API for integration on the NHMIS
- Get and test the NDR and NHMIS API
- Participate in the mapping of NDR API to NHMIS API
- Identify and implement on the NHMIS the mechanism for authentication and authorization.
Develop and Test the NHMIS Integration module:
- Develop NHMIS Integration module.
- Test the NHMIS Integration module
- Update of the NHMIS Integration module
- Participate in the testing of the entire workflow from the NDR to the NHMIS.
- Participate in the update of the NDR-NHMIS workflow
- Participate in Data freeze exercise.
- Participate in conducting data extraction of the data on both the NDR and the NHMIS.
- Participate in conduct data validation to ensure data quality.
- Highlight data quality issues.
- Participate in the provision of feedback on data quality issues
- Participate in data validation meetings aimed at strengthening data quality.
- Participate in the follow-up and provide extensive technical support and guidance to ensure that the identified data quality issues are addressed.
Data matching and concurrence (i.e., data submitted via existing channels to NHMIS):
- Participate in NDR-NHMIS data concurrence and variable matching exercise.
- Participate in the provision of technical support on addressing the identified data non-concurrence issues.
- Participate in the selection of the facilities/LGAs/States to be piloted and send out official notification to all relevant
- Participate in conducting pilot testing of the linked NDR data to the NHMIS.
- Share findings from the pilot testing.
- Participate in the update and fixing of the issues identified during the pilot testing.
- Participate in the re-testing of the linked NDR data to the NHMIS to ensure that it is optimally functional.
Bulk legacy data upload:
- Participate in data upload exercise.
Routine procedure pulls:
- Participate in identifying the intervals for the routine data pull from the NDR.
- Participate in configuring the interoperability system to pull at the agreed intervals.
Change Management Procedure:
- Participate in the development and review of the Change Management Procedure template
- Participate in the piloting of the Change Management Procedure template
- Participate in the updating and sharing of the revised Change Management Procedure template after the pilot.
- Utilize the Change Management Procedure template to highlight the data quality reviews, reasons for discrepancies, actions taken to address the data quality gaps.
- Share the findings from the Change Management Procedure exercise with the relevant stakeholders and follow up on addressing all identified data discrepancies.
Implementation and Deployment:
- Participate in the implementation and deployment planning meetings.
- Participate in the deployment exercise.
Maintenance and update:
- Participate in the routine maintenance and update of the systems to ensure optimal functionality
- Participate in the Report Writing
- Relevant education and experience with the NDR, LIMS and Health Informatics and HIV treatment guidelines
- A Master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, or related scientific field is required. A PhD is an advantage
Skills: Specialized knowledge:
- Experience with software development methodology and release processes Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools and peer review
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems
- Possess knowledge of different industries as a technical architect, from planning the structure of a large-scale records database to the redesigning of a shop’s e-commerce facility, to name a few
- Strong mathematical skills, Statistics skills, Problem-solving, Adaptability, Written and oral communications skills, Strong teamwork skills, Critical thinking, and Strong computer background
- Interpersonal/Individual Competencies: the ability to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness, and personal integrity
- Professional Certification: Certification in any applicable Health care professional body is desirable
All proposals will be evaluated and scored on the following criteria:
- Availability – 20%
- Cost – 20%
- Experience & Qualifications – 30%
- Capacity to provide service – 30%
Content of Response
A complete proposal will include the following sections:
Budget and Cost:
- List Fees in cost per hour at 8 hours per day
- Please attach references including names, organization, and contact information for three (3) clients who can provide insights regarding skills, qualification, and delivery of requested training services.
Include in your response the anticipated date to start service. All responses must be in English.
Terms And Conditions
- The RFP is not and shall not be considered an offer by MGIC.
- All Responses must be received on or before the date and time indicated on the RFP. All late responses will be rejected.
- All proposals will be considered binding offers. Prices quoted must be valid for the entire period provided by the respondent.
- All procurement will be subject to MGIC contractual terms and conditions and contingent on the availability of donor funding.
- MGIC reserves the right to accept or reject any quotation or cancel the procurement process at any time, without assigning any reason, and shall have no liability to any vendors submitting RFPs for such rejection or cancellation of the procurement.
- MGIC reserves the right to accept all or part of the proposal when awarding the purchase order/contract.
- All information provided by MGIC in this RFP is offered in good faith. Individual items are subject to change at any time and all bidders will be provided with notification of any changes. MGIC is not responsible or liable for any use of the information submitted by bidders or for any claims asserted therefrom.
- MGIC reserves the right to require any bidder to enter into a non-disclosure agreement.
- The bidders are solely obligated to pay for all costs, of any kind whatsoever, which may be incurred by the bidder or any third parties, in connection with the Response. All responses and supporting documentation shall become the property of MGIC, subject to claims of confidentiality in respect of the Response and supporting documentation, which has been clearly marked confidential by the bidder.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Offerors may submit complete proposals electronically to: Procurement@mgic-nigeria.org Electronic proposals must be submitted in PDF format. Proposals received after the closing date will not be considered
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)