Job ID 8710
Experience 2 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited [NESCO (Nigeria) Limited] is incorporated under the Companies act of the Laws of Nigeria. Its core business is to generate, distribute, supply and retail electric power in Plateau State and adjacent States.
We are recruiting suitably qualified, highly motivated, and well experienced candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Cook
Location: Jos, Plateau
- The cook will prepare meals according to a client’s preferences, recipes or tastes. Help devise new methods of cooking and new menu Items.
- He/She will order groceries and supplies, clean the kitchen, and may Cater social events.
- Streamline work around the house.
- Prepare meals according to client’s requirements/specification, recipes, tastes and maintain the quality and standard of the meals.
- Serve meals and snacks to client’s families and their guests.
- Plan menus according to client’s needs and making adjustments to food items to accommodate client with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Create and explore new cuisines and devise new recipes
- Estimate expected food consumption and organises preparation of food.
- Create and explore new cuisines including preparing fancy dishes and/or food for special diets.
- Peel, wash, trim, and cook vegetables, fish and meats, and bake breads and pastries
- Stock, organize, and ensure that the kitchen, cooking utensils, cutlery and other food preparation areas are clean & properly sanitized before use
- Shop for or order food, ingredients, spices and kitchen supplies and equipment
- Keep records and accounts of food purchased
- Plan and operate food for parties, holiday meals, luncheons, special functions, and other social events
- Able to operate various kitchen appliances such as a blender, oven, grill, stand mixer, etc
- Cleaning up after day’s work
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum qualification of a National Diploma in Culinary Arts, Professional Cookery or Equivalent Qualification from a reputable and recognized Hospitality or Culinary Arts School with least two (2) years’ proven experience working as a Cook.
Key Core Competencies:
He / she must:
- Have culinary arts, extensive kitchen equipment knowledge Including grills and other cooking procedures, butchering, knowledge of international cuisines, and creativity
- Have extremely neat and clean personality
- Have strong understanding of food handling techniques
- Have proficiency in cutting and chopping fruits and vegetables
- Be Hard-working Individual with ability to work independently, manage and handle multiple tasks
- Be honest and trust worthy
- Have high integrity
- Have strong oral / verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent analytical, computational, organizational, and Interpersonal skills.
- Have exceptional attention to accuracy and details.
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications under confidential Cover, enclosing copies of Certificates, detailed CV with Names and Contact details of three (3) traceable Referees to:
The Managing Director,
Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited,
10 Barkin Ladi Road,
P. O. Box 15, Bukuru,
Jos South, Plateau State.
Send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and Copy: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.