Job ID 21960
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coordinator, Communications
Location: Kano / Abuja, Nigeria
Depatment: Software Engineering
Purpose of the Position
- The Communications Coordinator supports and maintains key online communications activities for eHA including the website(s), email marketing, social media, cross-platform analytics, and digital (search and social) advertising.
- The job role also includes guiding and encouraging colleagues across the organization to engage with digital communications activities.
- Keywords: Social media content management, writing, Content Management Systems, Email Marketing, Graphic design (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva)
What You’ll Do
- To perform this job successfully, the Coordinator, Communications must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Scope and Accountability
- The Coordinator, Communications is part of our high performing Communications team. S/he engages eHAs’ various internal and external audiences online, through creative use and effective management of digital channels, including social media and email.
- Experienced with building online communities and growing audiences, s/he leads on developing eHAs’ online profile by ensuring that we maintain a strong and consistent presence on social media platforms and that we are sharing content through relevant websites and newsletters.
- S/he uses various tools to monitor websites, microsites, and other online properties, reporting on results and then working with developers and others to improve usability, engagement, and visibility.
- With excellent writing, copy editing and proofreading skills and sound technical ability, s/he creates high quality written and multimedia content and manages our film, audio and photography resources.
- In addition, s/he supports teams with digital communications activities, including training/coaching where necessary.
- The Coordinator, Communications handles the strategic design, implementation and management of a range of online & offline communication strategies targeting media and industry engagement, using a combination of corporate communications, and development communication strategies.
Social Media Management, online community management:
- Design and deliver creative and engaging social media strategies/ campaigns.
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube, adapting content to suit different channels and audiences.
- Oversee, plan and deliver content across different platforms using scheduling tools such as Hootsuite, Asana.
- Identify consumer trends to help with planning social media campaigns. Develop, launch and manage campaigns that promote eHA’s brand.
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions.
- Monitor, track, analyze and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Design and develop content and marketing collateral for web and print.
- Create and implement digital communication plans around key events/pieces of work e.g. World Polio Day or the launch of any of eHAs’ publications.
- Coordinate a schedule of email newsletter including collating and producing content and distributing to specific mailing lists.
- Manage media relations.
- Monitor, record, evaluate and report on key social media and website performance statistics, making recommendations to the Communications Manager based on these results.
- Support in ensuring that eHAs’ website is up-to-date and relevant, follows best practice and presents our work, resources and impact clearly.
- Write, collate (including copy editing and proofreading where necessary) and upload high quality, engaging content (fact sheets, blogs, case studies) to the website in line with agreed content priorities.
- Assist in developing and maintaining close collaboration with the media as well as with partners and organizations whose support is essential to the achievement of communication objectives.
- Prepare press releases, media advisories and briefs.
- As a member of the Communications team, contribute to the creation of content strategy, helping to identify the most compelling ‘stories’ and most effective ways of communicating our work via digital channels.
- Work with external consultants to coordinate development or revamps to the website and ensure any technical issues are resolved.
- Ensure eHAs’ website is made visible to target audiences through effectively optimizing content for search engines, managing eHAs’ Google Ad account and undertaking other relevant initiative
Other communications and organizational activities:
- Participates in team and other organizational meetings or working groups as required.
- Support the Communications Manager with any other communications projects and activities and perform other duties and tasks as required, consistent with the skills and expertise of the candidate, in non-routine circumstances.
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- B.Sc. Degree in a related field. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- 4- 5 years cognate experience, NGO experience is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple social media channels. (Attach links to pages managed)
- Hands-on experience in content management.
- Excellent copywriting/editing skills: experience writing blogs (Links to at least 2 published articles MUST be attached)
- Experience developing communications plans to synchronize with organizations’ project goals.
- Proven record in building digital media platforms, notably social media communications: ability to build consensus and work with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must possess good problem-solving skills.
- English language. Ability to speak French is desirable but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a MUST.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position will report directly to the Communications Manager
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.