Job ID 21962
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coordinator, Travels
Location: Abuja / Kano
Purpose of the Position
- The Coordinator, Travels will work with and be supervised by the Senior Coordinator, Protocol.
- The Coordinator, Travels role includes preparing travel arrangements through travel vendors (flight, car rental, hotels, etc.), including but not limited to, coordinating with the project staff to ensure local arrangements are made and within compliance with both eHA and Country regulations, preparing pre-travel arrangements, purchasing insurance, monitoring ongoing travel and processing expense statements and deliverables after travel is completed
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Preparing travel arrangements through travel vendors (flight, car rental, hotels, etc.), including but not limited to, coordinating with the project staff to ensure local arrangements are made and within compliance with both eHA and Country regulations, preparing pre-travel arrangements, purchasing insurance, monitoring ongoing travel and processing expense statements and deliverables after travel is completed.
- Providing travelers with requirements to their specific travel (i.e. entry requirements, visas etc.)
- Monitoring news and current events, updating travelers and staff on possible issues as related to specific travels Tracking the entire process from approvals to submission of deliverables
- Reconciling financial statements according to internal URC policies and procedures
- Providing weekly and monthly updates to the Finance and HR Manager.
- Maintain travel database by projects.
- Assist with the organization and travel arrangements of project meetings and activities.
- Ensure staff and visitors to eHA have appropriate travel documents, i.e. Passports and Visas.
- Ensure guest hospitality, facilitate all logistics as needed and communicated properly.
- Manage booking, purchasing and reconfirmation of travel tickets for international and local travel ensuring cost-effectiveness within preferred specification and safety, maintaining good business relationship with all eHA providers.
- Assist with work and resident permit application process and fellow up for Expatriate and International staff.
- Coordinate travel for all eHA staff and visitors. Arrange and plan timely airport pick-up, reception, in-country accommodation and dispatch of official travelers and visitors to eHA.
- Develop a database of all major partners or agencies with regard to Passports, Visas and Airlines.
- Network and liaise with diplomatic missions, immigration services, passport office and other relevant agencies to facilitate the provision of protocol services.
- Facilitate in-country shopping and/or tour trips by visitors as required.
- Ensure appropriate documents and reports on trips, travel arrangements and/or related activities are submitted to the Administration Manager on timely basis
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree from college or university in Business Administration, Operations Management, Social Sciences, International Development, Economics or relevant area is required.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant working experience in administrative or travel coordination role.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and human relations skills.
- Ability to network with other partners or agencies e.g. Various Embassies, Passport, Immigration offices, Airlines staff etc.
- Must have a pleasant and courteous disposition.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must have a good knowledge about eHA organizational culture, activities and practice.
- Must have a valid Nigerian driver’s license and be able to drive
- There may be occasional need to travel to locations outside Kano metropolis including throughout Northern Nigeria.
- Excellent communication skills
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in local Hausa is an advantage.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
- eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.