Job ID 22890
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
NIFDEM is a Strategy and Management Consulting firm specialising in providing solutions for Public Health and Cyber Security. As a Strategy and Management consulting firm, we combine our expertise in Public Health and Cyber Security to effect changes within the global health industry and beyond. NIFDEM has a track record of providing Public Health solutions through organisational strategic planning, technical leadership, and public health intelligence services in HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB), Malaria and other infectious diseases as well as non-communicable diseases such as Diabetes, Obesity, Hypertension, reproductive health, and nutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Director
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a Country Director at NIFDEM Consulting ( where you will spend 60% of your FTEs), you will be a part of a team of highly skilled and experienced consultants who provide valuable insights and recommendations to our clients in the areas of public health ( infectious diseases, Non-communicable diseases and climate change), health care, cybersecurity, digital health technology. You will also be responsible for leading and managing the NIFDEM team and developing and maintaining relationships with clients. In this role, you will also be responsible for contributing to the company’s growth by identifying new business opportunities and developing proposals for potential clients.
- Additionally, in your role as the Country Director for NIFDEM, you will be expected to support the strategic and business development of our partner NGO ( Medela), where you will spend (40% of your FTEs).
- The Country Director will set the overall strategic framework within which all other programme elements occur and provides leadership, coordination, representation, supervision, and management in relation to all staff and services. In addition to consulting experience, the Director will be experienced and possess an understanding of working in the NGO space, especially in Nigeria and, more desirably, in the NGOs that work in public health- infectious and non-communicable diseases.
Duties & Responsibilities
(NIFDEM Consulting 60% of FTEs):
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients, providing expert guidance and thought leadership for NIFDEM
- Define project/business goals and objectives, and develop detailed work plans to meet client expectations
- Manage a team of consultants, analysts, and specialists to deliver high-quality results on time and within budget
- Conduct regular status meetings with clients to keep them updated on project progress and address any concerns
- Oversee all aspects of the project lifecycle, from initiation through closeout
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with the project, escalating issues as necessary
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, ensuring they are satisfied with the direction of the project and the quality of the deliverables
- Write proposals and scope documents for new projects in collaboration with business development
- Review and approve all project deliverables before they are released to the client
- Monitor project financials, including invoicing and billing, to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Provide input on staffing needs for new projects, and manage consultant utilisation across multiple engagements
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices, and share knowledge with clients and team members
- Experience with start-ups or small businesses
(Medela 40% of FTEs):
- Coordination of staff and resources to include host government regulatory registration, internal coordination, grants management, donor reporting, and advocacy for Medela and its stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance and direct contributions to the delivery of services at Medela, including the generation of information and its analysis (quarterly and special reports)
- Participate in high-level engagement and briefings, surveys, training, and capacity building.
- Manage Medela NGO programmes, including annual funding strategy, budget management, and contractual compliance.
- Ensure compliance with Medela’s global policy in operational and administrative areas.
- You will conduct feasibility studies on the proposed solution and conduct an analysis of the risk and benefits of the proposed solution.
- Provide analysis to support the development of business cases and expert inputs to grant writing.
- Identify problems concerned with business strategy, policy, organisation procedures, methods, and markets.
- Provide appropriate advice based on business research findings.
- You will work collaboratively with the management team to Identify, assess, and document business requirements, recommending business priorities, and advising best solutions.
Key Performance Areas
- Fundraising and Partnership Development
- Identify awards and apply for awards in a time-specific manner.
- Successful candidates will be expected to organise and identify fundraising opportunities and build and manage high-quality relationships with donors.
- Develop and leverage an in-country network of funders and partners
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities and build a robust and viable pipeline of projects to enable growth
Qualifications, Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ years in a management consulting role in consulting sectors and NGOs
- Experience leading and managing large, complex consulting engagements
- Proven ability to develop and execute business strategy
- Strong analytical skills and experience developing quantitative models
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- MBA or other advanced degree with work experience in a relevant field
- Previous experience working with an NGO at the senior management level
- Analytical skills: analytical editing, writing and analysis of reports
- A very good understanding of the principles and practices of NGO safety and risk management
- Experience managing programmes on infectious diseases, non-communicable diseases, and global health security.
- Experience with management of multi-donor projects. Knowledge of donor policies and procedures ( for example, CDC, USAID, Global Fund, BMG, etc.).
- Consensus-builder and networker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Programme management skills
- Time management skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Advocacy skills
- Business development and management experience
- Possess a high degree of autonomy and resilience
- Problem-solving ability employing data-informed analytics and iterative mindset, with a strong framework for prioritization and robust analysis to inform management and programming decisions.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- MBA and MPH
- Industry expertise in one or more of the following: public health (infectious diseases, climate change), healthcare, digital health technology, cybersecurity
- Functional expertise in one or more of the following: health care, marketing, operations, finance, or human resources
- Good understanding and basic fluency of the three main native languages in Nigeria- Yoruba, Hausa, and Igbo.
- Experience as a country director
- Previous dealings with donor agencies such as USAID, CDC, Melinda, and Bill Gates foundation etc.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.