Job ID 24298
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on humanitarian assistance, economic development, and conflict mitigation. With the ongoing insurgency, and other forms of identity-related conflicts, causing the displacement of thousands of individuals and communities in North-East Nigeria (NEN), Mercy Corps started its humanitarian response in the region in 2014 to address rising humanitarian needs. As the crisis persists, Mercy Corps’ strategy has also expanded to address the root causes of the conflict and seek to build the long-term resilience of communities with integrated multi sectoral programs that focus on governance, the recovery of markets and livelihoods, improving nutrition and food security, improving social cohesion and protection, youth empowerment, and enhancing local conflict management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Entry Clerk
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Slot: 3 Openings
- The Community Initiatives to Promote Peace (CIPP) is a 60-month Cooperative Agreement with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). It is implemented by Mercy Corps, in partnership with Pastoral Resolve – PARE, Interfaith Mediation Centre – IMC, Savannah Centre for Diplomacy Democracy and Development-SCDDD, African Radio Drama Association – ARDA and Social Justice and Human Development for Peace Initiative-Justice Development and Peace Commission/Caritas (JDPC).
- CIPP aims to: Promote peaceful coexistence and collaboration in Nigeria by mitigating violent conflict in at-risk communities in six states of Nigeria’s North West (Kaduna, Kano, and Katsina States) and North Central (Kogi, Benue and Plateau States) through an integrated, multifaceted program that (1) empowers communities to prevent and respond to violence and violent extremism by strengthening key skills and relationships, and (2) fosters an enabling environment for peace through policy advocacy, media outreach, and linkages to development programs.
- We are looking for three (3) Data Entry Clerks to type information into our database from paper documents. The ideal candidates will be computer-savvy and fast typists with a keen eye for detail. You will report to the M&E, ICT/Database Officer. Understanding data confidentiality principles is compulsory.
- The organization will rely on you for accurate and updated data that are easily accessible through a digital database.
The Data Entry Clerks will work on this project which is broken down into two specific aspects:
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders, or optical scanners
- Type in data provided directly by program team members
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
The second aspect of the work will include the following:
- Update existing data
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
- Provide occasional administrative support.
- Deliverable 1 – Data entry for event attendance quarter 2,3,4 FY 23
- Deliverable 2 – Data entry for women in substantive role quarter 2,3,4 FY 23
- Deliverable 3 – Database for trained participants 2,3,4 FY 23
- April 09, 2023, to September 10, 2023
The Data Entry Clerks will report to:
- M&E ICT database Officer
The Data Entry Clerks will work closely with:
- The M&E, ICT/Database Officer, and Program teams.
Qualifications / Skills
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Proven experience as a data entry clerk
- Fast typing skills: Knowledge of the touch-typing system is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills
- Great attention to detail
- The data entry clerk might decide to start with any of the deliverables listed above.
- Payment is based on daily timesheet
- There is no reimbursement for communication and transportation.
Application Closing Date
3rd April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.