Job ID 8087
Career Level Manager
Experience 2 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Administrative Manager
Locations: Ngala, Dikwa & Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Start date: Projected contract duration is 6 Months – with possible extension.
Goa / Purpose
Financial and budgetary management:
- Participate on the monthly bilateral budget meetings at base level, and support the Administrative Manager in updating the monthly base budget follow ups according to Solidarités format
- Update the Allocation Board before Administrative manager verification.
- Check the coherence between the payments, the accountancy and the budget allocations according to the financial strategy of the mission (costs allocation, eligibility, donor rules compliance), with the support of the Administrative Manager
- Monitor enforcement of finance process implementation at mission level
- Prepare and control the tax payment (income taxes, VAT…) for the bases under his/her responsibility
- Prepare for and support audits or possible inspections, upon request from the Administrative Manager
- Control the enforcement of cash payments rules and good registration of the transactions in SAGA
- Supervise the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for his/her bases
- Supervise the physical check of the invoices and cash inventories in each book
- Monitor reallocation requests, coherence between SAGA parameters and budgets
- Monitor fuel payments and ensure good registration of the fuel management data in the accountancy, in collaboration with the Logistics Manager
- Supervise the control of the vouchers and other back up documents to be sent to Coordination
- Support and provide technical assistance to the team on daily operations
- Ensure bank transactions (cheque and transfers) for the bases with the validation of the Administrative Manager
- In collaboration with the Activity Managers and Logistics Managers, supervise and monitor the monthly cash forecast and transfer of each base and prepare the consolidated document for validation of the Administrative Manager
- Liaise with the coordination finance team to launch and monitor the fund transfers between the base bank account and the coordination
- Manage the cash-flow at base level and ensure that banks and cash boxes are well supplied for each base
- Ensure respect of the mission Cash Management Policy at base level
Administrative and Legal Follow-up:
- Monitor the implementation of the administrative and Human Resources rules and procedures
- Monitor the respect of the administrative calendar by the HR and Finance team
- Supervise the HR and Finance assistant in updating the HR monitoring tools and drafting the different administrative documents of the bases
- Upon validation of the Administrative manager, Supervise the administrative management of personnel recruitment and hiring with the HR and Finance assistant
- Supervise welcoming and integrating new personnel, ensure they receive briefings
- Ensure that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedure, and monitor the professional development of personnel
- Centralize training requests from teams and set up a training plan, with Administrative manager support
- Assist in applying Solidarités International’s salary and social policies
- Assist with meetings and communication with personnel
- Ensure completion of paper and digital filing, as well as securing administrative documents on all bases
- Supervise the archiving, handling and security of Solidarités International personnel files of the bases
- Ensure supervision and training of the HR and Finance assistants
- Organize and participate in regular field visits on the different bases
- Conduct regular appraisal of his/her team
- Ensure minimum staffing levels for the administrative service during periods of absence (vacation, illness, etc.)
Reporting / Communication:
- Liaise with the coordination to ensure implementation of Administrative, HR and finance processes at base level and propose improvement to the Administrative Manager
- Supervise communication with the bases in collaboration with the HR and Finance Assistants
ORG Chart Position (reporting and functional relationships):
- Line manager: Administrative Manager
- Line report(s) on base: HR and Finance Assistants
- Functional manager: Deputy Finance and HR coordinat
- Diploma in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years of experience in admin/finance positions
- 1 year experience in NGO is preferable
- Knowledge of HR policies/procedures
- Very good Excel skills, knowledge of accounting software is a plus (SAGA)
- Good management skills
- Autonomy, rigor, analytical skills and sense of initiative
- Good level of English (written and spoken), Hausa, Kanuri are a plus.
What We Offer
Salary + Transport & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
- Select Deputy Admin Manager (NGL, DKW, MGN) – fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.