Job ID 8332
Experience 10 Years
Gender Male or Famele
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 as an organization to regulate the Accountancy Profession in Nigeria. It has over 50,000 members and is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA) and Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (ABWA).
In pursuit of the Institute’s mission critical objectives to be a leading Professional body, we invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Deputy Director, Faculties
Department: Faculties Directorate
Reports to: Deputy Registrar, Technical Services
- He is responsible for providing overall intellectual leadership and guidance for all programmes and activities of the seven faculties of the Institute: Auditing, Investigation and Forensic; Information Technology & Consulting; Public Finance Management; Corporate Finance Management; Taxation & Fiscal Policy; Corporate Reporting and; Insolvency & Corporate Re-engineering Faculties.
Description of Main Activities and Tasks
- Provides leadership for the development of a highly effective and efficient curriculum for all the faculties;
- Undertakes research activities on topical, financial and economic issues as they relate to each faculty;
- Ensures high-quality materials for each faculty programme; Networks with senior specialists, practitioners and academics as well as with national, regional and international institutions, to ensure the continued relevance of faculties materials and programmes for the profession;
- Establishes and actively maintains close links with relevant national and international institutes, both to promote relevant topics to the accounting profession within their structures and to promote topical and contemporary issues of interest to the Institute and its members;
- Provides thought leadership initiatives to strategically reposition the directorate and the Institute and;
- Manages the Faculties Directorate, including functional management of the directorate, including financial management of activities, supervision and capacity building of staff in the directorate;
- Relates frequently with the Registrar, the Deputy Registrar (Technical Services) and other management staff
- Relates with other professional institutes, academics, firms and the Institute’s members.
- Minimum of an M.Sc. or equivalent in Accounting or Economics (Possession of a Ph. D or equivalence will offer a distinct advantage)
- Must be a Chartered Accountant
- Should possess at least ten (10) years of relevant post-professional qualification experience.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrate management competencies
- Strong record of facilitation
- Experience in leading, managing and coordinating a broad range of developmental programmes in line with strategic objectives
- Should be capable of inspiring the confidence of boss and subordinates
- Should possess impeccable integrity and proven commitment to good governance
- Should be innovative, confident and must demonstrate a keen interest in the organization’s activities
- Should be IT proficient
- Expert knowledge of research in
- Economics, Accounting and Finance
- Should be capable of working under pressure, delivering on timelines and achieving strategic goals/targets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated capacity to work cooperatively and in partnership with diverse groups, while sensitively balancing the requirements of these groups
- High-level consultation and negotiations skills.
Application Closing Date
4:30pm, 17th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.