Job ID 34764
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Entrepreneurship & Social Innovation Hub
- The Director, American University of Nigeria Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Hub will be responsible for developing, managing, and driving the strategic vision of the hub.
- The incumbent will create an ecosystem that empowers entrepreneurs, social innovators, and community stakeholders to collaborate, incubate ideas, and create positive change in the world.
- The duties will include but not limited to the ability to bring together students (explorers, entrepreneurs, innovators), faculty and thought leaders from across disciplines to challenge norms, interact with real-world problems through a co-creative process to educate, build local capacity, nurture and scale sustainable ventures and impactful solutions in accordance with AUN’s mission and vision of becoming Africa’s premier development University.
- Drive innovation, integrate technology, and bridge interdisciplinary and human-centered collaboration with stakeholders.
- Develop and execute a clear and innovative strategy for the hub, aligning it with the broader goals and mission of the university.
- Foster entrepreneurial education, social innovation and research (data)
- Design, implement, and manage programs that support and nurture startups, social enterprises, and initiatives that address critical social issues.
- Oversee financial and human resources, ensuring the efficient operation of the hub and proper allocation of resources.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders, including local businesses, investors, universities, government agencies, and community organizations.
- Foster a vibrant and inclusive community of innovators and entrepreneurs, organizing events, workshops, and networking opportunities.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to hub participants, connecting them with relevant resources and expertise.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the hub’s impact and continually refine its programs based on data and feedback.
- Regularly report to the provost on the progress and achievements of the hub.
- Perform any other duties assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, Social Innovation, or a related field from a reputable university.
- A minimum of 7 years of leadership experience in entrepreneurship, social innovation, or related fields, with a track record of success in program development and strategic leadership.
- Strong strategic thinking and visionary leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and lead a team.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and public speaking skills to engage with diverse stakeholders.
- A well-established network in the entrepreneurship and social innovation ecosystem is highly desirable.
- A strong passion for social impact, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and evolving environment, with a commitment to staying updated on industry trends and best practices.
- Proficiency in project management and the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in strategic planning, budget management, and resource allocation.
- Proven experience in building, managing, and motivating a high-performing team.
Other Requirements / Abilities:
- Good understanding of the challenge and significance of building an entrepreneurship and social innovation hub on the American model in a rural region of Nigeria.
- Should have the ability to interact effectively with student, faculty, alumni, high school teachers and university staff.
- Dynamic and innovative personality.
- Mastering more than one language.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2023.