Job ID 35717
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Ambrose Alli University aims is to be a centre of excellence in teaching and research and in the total development of the individual person in tune with the socio-cultural environment and technological realities of a dynamic world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Location: Ekpoma, Edo
The Director, ICT shall:
- Provide leadership in ICT matters through development, implementation and maintenance of Communication Technologies and Information Systems.
- Carry out strategic planning for Information Technology in line with the University vision, mission, strategies and corporate goals.
- Ensure effective oversight and management of all ICT resources and operations including human resources, development of budgets and procurement of hardware, software, services and facilities necessary for the operation of the Information and Communication Technology Centre.
- Develop, implement and enforce information systems and communication services, policies and standards.
- Monitor and evaluate all the operations and functions of the Directorate.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Vice-Chancellor (Finance, Planning and Development) from time to time.
- Applicants should be a Senior Lecturer and above with a Ph.D from a recognized institution.
- Applicants must be able to provide leadership in the fields of information systems, communication technologies, research and development.
- They must therefore have managerial and technical skills required in a corporate environment and Information Systems and Communication Technologies.
- They must have good communication skills.
Salary and Condition of Service
The salary and conditions of service are as applicable in other Nigeria Universities and as may be determined from time to time by Edo State Government through the Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their Applications with 25 copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopies of their certificates and relevant credentials to the Acting Registrar via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail. The detailed Curriculum Vitae should include:
- Full names
- Place and date of birth
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC)
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- State of Origin/LGA
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Qualifications indicating dates/class and institutions, as well as other qualifications and distinctions.
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts.
- List of publications, patents, designs and so on.
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- GSM Number & e-mail Address.
Note: Applicants are required to state the names and addresses of their Referees who are to forward reports direct on their behalf to the Acting Registrar on or before the closing date.