Job ID 32806
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Women Friendly Initiative (WFI) is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization dedicated to the improvement of the quality of life of particularly women, children, and youth. Since 2003, WFI has worked closely with key stakeholders to address disease burdens and social deprivations amongst these populations through cutting-edge, innovative, and sustainable solutions. WFI seeks applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Director of Programs at her Headquarter in Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Programs
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- This is a full-time senior management role. The DOP will report to the CEO and will support the implementation of USAID funded Youth-Powered Ecosystem to Advance Adolescent Health (YPE4AH) Project in Lagos and Kano state, as well as strengthen the depth and breadth of programs and systems at WFI Headquarters in Abuja. S/he will lead the organization’s effort at securing funds, donations and grants to meet the annual budgetary requirements.
- Additionally, in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer, s/he serves as the public relation face of the organization to the external community, attending community events in an effort to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Where necessary, s/he will develop and or implement guidelines and policies with the purpose of ensuring compliance with all government and donor regulations, as well as maintaining alignment with the organization’s mission. S/he monitors the effectiveness of programs, making adjustments as needed and generally required to do more work with fewer resources.
- The holder of this role is expected to leverage our communication and campaign activities to achieve fundraising and advocacy/influencing outcomes that will bring real change and impact to our work in and outside Nigeria. S/he must be well organized and adept at performing many tasks at once. S/he must also be able to communicate effectively with people of all demographics.
- S/he must have good knowledge of all local, state and federal laws and regulations that govern various program areas of interest that will enable her/him over sight fund raising and managing funds from a diversified mix of local and international (private and public) sources including mass engagement, grant making private foundations and bilateral/multilateral donors.
- S/he must be meticulous in all notes and documentation. It is extremely important that s/he maintain a passion for what s/he is doing and be able to interact with people in crisis, unpleasant environments, underserved and hard-to-reach communities.
- The director will be responsible for supervising and training staff within the programs development and resource mobilization department; maintains and operates software databases of previous, current and upcoming initiatives; issues technical advice for compliance with program goals and policies; lead and evaluate designs, develop and coordinate projects.
- S/he must be able to lead committees and task forces set up to improve services and quality and conduct surveys to generate inputs to sharpen project designs and management as well as complete reports as needed.
Minimum Education & Experience Required
- Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health, or related course with at least eight (8) years post-graduation hands on experience in the NGO work space and at least five (5) years programs design, development and resource mobilization experience. An MSc /MA in Social Science, MPH/PhD in Public health will be an advantage.
- Additionally, at least 10 years management experience which includes 5 years’ experience in program design and development, program planning and implementation at the Community, State, and National level working with public, private and NGO sector is desired.
- The director must have enviable interpersonal attributes when dealing with staff or public.
- S/he must be a leader and an attentive listener.
- S/he must be a professional design thinker and also possess traits to mentor and motivate.
- S/he must be versatile in fund raising, including preparation of excellent proposal and possess good negotiation skills.
- S/he must possess the skills of developing and implementing programs, organization, and conduct of training, especially on family planning, Commodity Logistics Management System (CLMS), and adolescent youth friendly health services and demonstrate good knowledge of budget management.
- S/he must be a planner, analyzer, coordinator, problem solver, effective decision maker, skilled in verbal and written communication and able to establish and maintain positive working relationships internally and externally.
Application Closing Date
29th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Cover Letter and Resume, plus scanned copy of credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: WFI is an equal-opportunity employer. Applications sent through social media platforms or other routes outside the stated email above will be disqualified.