Job ID 33052
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a registered non-governmental organization (NGO) in Nigeria with its head office in Kaduna and field offices across Northeast and Northwest Nigeria. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government, and donors to provide sustainable community development services in conflict resolution, peace building, livelihood, research, agriculture, health, nutrition, education, and governance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Research (DR)
Location: Kaduna North, Kaduna
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Research Director will oversee CCDRN’s research, monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities. S/he will plan, coordinate, and execute research activities of the organization.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, the Research Director will provide the best evidence, research, and information necessary for the provision of evidence-based programming.
- Work closely with the programme team to identify emerging research opportunities for the different projects and work collaboratively to meet the research objectives.
- Support programme team in carrying out regular operational research to develop innovative interventions for improving programme results
- Lead in developing research design, instruments, presentation, and adaptation.
- Superintend data collection; ensure the integrity of data, including appropriate storage and data management protocols
- Conduct data analysis (qualitative and quantitative); write research findings and reports; and lead in its dissemination to stakeholders such as government officials, donor organizations, and community leaders.
- Provide regular capacity-building support to CCDRN team members on qualitative and quantitative research through training, workshops, mentoring, and continuous handholding support.
- Stay current on innovative methods, approaches, and theories applicable to research among vulnerable groups.
- Facilitate cross-disciplinary learning involving programme team members, the MEAL team, government partners, and community stakeholders.
- Contribute to improving the organization’s research model, partnerships, and systems.
- Work closely with the MEAL team to monitor field-based data collection to uphold the highest data quality standards.
- Support and participate in grant writing, publications, presentations, and program reports for funders.
- Where necessary, superintend emergency assessments, develop detailed reports, and plan for appropriate action(s).
- Monitor quality performance indicators, ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines.
- Develop decision-support tools and performance feedback mechanisms for project managers, partners, and beneficiaries.
- Oversee and motivate staff for sound, effective, evidence and results-based programming.
- Supervise the CCDRN’s MEAL team.
- Perform other work/support for other projects deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Relevant Skills
- Advanced Degree in Social Sciences or related fields, with strong skills in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in social research with specialization in livelihood, education, agribusiness, economic development, peace building, etc
- Proven analytical skills and aptitudes in the application of qualitative and quantitative data analysis software packages
- Excellent written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and propose solutions in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Capacity to maintain an organized and structured work style in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to interact with various individuals ranging from Research Associates to donors, government stakeholders, research institutions, etc.
- Proven ability to manage deadlines, work independently with minimal supervision, submit high-quality work plans, prioritize workload, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently but also coordinate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Fluent in the English language.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one email attachment to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and State it in the subject line of your mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women to apply.