Job ID 2575
Experience 15 Years +
Gender Male or Famele
Umaru Musa Yar’adua University – The Management of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina on behalf of the Governing Council, is hereby soliciting for applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position below:
Job Title: Director, Security
The Director, Security is responsible to the Vice Chancellor in the provision of security and the protection of lives and property within the University and its environment. Other duties include:
- Daily administration of the Security Division its operation areas in the University;
- Responsible for the maintenance of peace and order in the University;
- Responsible for the compilation / computerization of crime records in the University;
- Responsible for intelligence gathering with a view to averting security breaches in the University and its property;
- Deployment of intelligence in safeguarding lives and property within the University;
- Initiate periodic security enlightenment programmes on crime prevention and detection;
- Liaise with State security agencies on security matters;
- Initiate in-house training programmes for security staff;
- Participate in drills;
- Ensure the supervision and discipline of security staff;
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports for the Directorate;
- Prepare annual budget for the Directorate;
- Recommend the purchase of equipment for performance enhancement;
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor and provide some professional and community service.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess a good honour degree in Humanities; Social Sciences or LLB Law from a recognized University (specialty in psychology and criminology will be an added advantage with 18 years cognate experience in the law enforcement agency and / or security related organization; or
- Master degree in Humanities; Social Sciences or LLM Law from a recognized University (specialty in psychology and criminology will be an added advantage) with 15 years cognate experience in the law enforcement agency and / or security related organization; or
- Retired officer not below the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police or his equivalent in the military; the DSS or other law enforcement agencies, with service discharge certificate;
- Candidate must be of sound character with clean records of commitment and dedication to duties;
- The candidate shall not be older than sixty (60) years at the time of assumption of duty.
Conditions of Service
Salary, allowances and other conditions of service attached to the position are the same with the approved salary structure for Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit completed and endorsed University employment form (which is to be acquired in the Bursary Department) with fifteen (15) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with their vision for the position, providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Marital Status
- Permanent Home Address
- E-mail and Phone Numbers
- Degrees (including dates / class and institutions) and / or any other qualifications and distinctions (Photocopies of Certificates to be attached)
- Statement of Experience including full Details of Former and Present Posts
- Other Activities Outside Current Employment
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Proposed Date of Availability for Duties, if Appointed
- Any Other Relevant Information.
The candidate should also state in clear terms in not more than 500 words, his / her vision for the University in the next five years with particular reference to administration, control and innovations of its Security Directorate. In addition to stating the names and addresses of three (3) referees, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the address below.
Applications are to be submitted with an evidence of payment of processing fee of the sum of fifty thousand (N50,000.00) Naira only into the University Account with details as follows:
- Account Number: 2008746355
- Account Name: UMYU IGR Account
- Bank: First bank Nigeria Plc
All Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with envelop marked “Post of Director Security, UMYU” addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
2nd Floor, Engr. Musa Daji Abdullahi Senate Building,
Umaru Musa Yar’adua University,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.