Job ID 34804
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Drilling & Wells Cost Controller M/F
Contract type: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 1 year renewable
We are looking for profiles to fill the position of Drilling & Wells Cost Controller. Responsibilities are:
- Prepares annual budget (both Corporate & Partner) for entity in conjunction with technical responsible
- Prepares revised forecast information based on latest work scope
- Participates in NAPIMS Sub-Committee meetings to defend Budget / Performance in order to achieve the necessary approvals
- Prepares all necessary documentation for the month end closure (manual accrual’s, SKF’s, etc.) to ensure an accurate financial performance
- Ensures all tasks are carried out in order to achieve SOX compliance
- Prepares monthly cost report with variance analysis to help technical responsible manage their budgets / costs
- Provides monthly information for the NAPIMS cash call to ensure sufficient funding for the activities
- Process and verify invoices to ensure timely payment
- Schedules meetings monthly to discuss reports and finance related issues with Technical responsible.
- Ad hoc variance analysis for District management / Corporate Finance
- Periodic reconciliation of technical cost sheets with SAP Values to ensure adequate follow up of daily drilling cost.
- Creation of RFS purchase orders and maintenance of schedules for proper cost follow up.
- Liaison with Technical logistics and budget and reporting teams to ensure correctness of allocated cost.
- Familiarize self with Client’s emergency procedures and report to the Manager any incident, unsafe act or operation.
- Carry out assigned duties safely according to Client’s HSE procedures in such a manner to minimize /eliminate unsafe exposure to self or fellow workers.
- Supports the entity in financial matters so the technical personnel fully understand their budget / performance
- Ensures all financial information is captured in an accurate, compliant and timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance or Engineering
- 5 years Finance / Cost Control experience
- Good systems knowledge, especially SAP and Excel
- Good interpersonal / analytical skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online