Job ID 21965
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Purpose of the Position
- The Driver will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Coordinator, Fleet, and would be responsible for operating eHealth Africa’s motor vehicles.
- S/he is responsible for safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles.
- Regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes, and locations running official errands, and assisting with other office work.
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Transports employees and other individuals as directed, in a safe and responsible manner; this includes shuttle transportation for campaigns, projects, airport, and distribution runs. Greets employees and individuals warmly.
- Ensures the vehicle is in a proper and safe condition prior to use. Reports any damages or mechanical malfunctions and provides recommendations for repairs.
- Observes traffic rules and regulations and maximum speed limits prescribed.
- Keep assigned vehicles clean, free from damage, and in acceptable condition consistently.
- Reports for work on time and at specified locations. Wears the appropriate outfits and footwear (closed-toe shoes).
- Maintains schedules of pick-up and drop-off assignments.
- Maintains a professional and friendly approach to management, supervisors, and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance with company regulations and established internal policies and guidelines
- Reports all safety, security, and driving incidents to supervisor immediately where possible.
- Ensures that all relevant notification procedures are followed in the event of absence from work.
- Ensures routine check-ups of vehicles and complies with relevant laws and company policies regarding the use of mobile phones, smoking in company vehicles, and/or the use of prohibited equipment whilst on duty.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times and approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- Consistently at work and on time and participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes, and supervision.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Minimum of Secondary School Education and must have an excellent driving record and experience.
- Two (2) years of job-related experience, preferably NGO.
- Should be in possession of a valid driver’s license, demonstrable route planning.
- Considerable knowledge of Nigerian roads and local laws.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Able to communicate by various modes such as verbally in-person, Mobile phone, pager, and direct connect/radio.
- Excellent customer service skills, must be flexible and self-motivated.
- Ability to adapt to changes, results-oriented, and positive-minded in a changing work environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and an eye for detail.
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in local Hausa is an advantage.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.