Job ID 36771
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Job Requisition ID: 2023201712
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full-time
Supervisor: Logistics Officer
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health/Nutrition and Protection interventions.
- To provide transport services for FHI 360 staff and visitors to and from assigned destinations within Maiduguri, and Field Office Locations in Borno, in a safe, efficient, and courteous manner observing all road traffic rules and security regulations.
- Perform administrative duties as may be required to support the effective running of the Maiduguri and office and Field Offices.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive staff and visitors to meetings and functions within Maiduguri and Northern Nigeria.
- Conduct Airport runs to pick up/drop off staff and visitors. Liaise with Airport officials as necessary.
- Undertake assignments to deep field offices within Borno State as necessary.
- Perform duties in line with post security regulations.
- Complete accurate journey record sheets for all journeys in official vehicles
- Keep accurate records of vehicle mileage, fuel consumption and maintenance work/costs.
- Perform daily inspections to ensure that all official vehicles are road worthy and in good working order.
- Ensure official vehicles are kept tidy and parked in a secured area.
- Complete vehicle inspection checklists and promptly report any defects, faults or incidents that occur to the Snr. Logistic Officer
- Check that all vehicle equipment and tools are secured safely and are functioning correctly.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Education/Training or any other equivalent certificates with a minimum of 3 year experience working as a driver with reputable organizations (INGOs, Corporate, Government) in Maiduguri
- Must have a trade test certificate and a valid driving license.
- Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Experience as a driver mechanic will be an added advantage.
- Experience with large complex organization is preferred.
- Good knowledge (and driving experience) of Maiduguri, and Northern Nigeria
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Matured and willing to work at odd hours.
- Good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Some experience with fleet management
- Training in Safety and Security
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online