Job ID 27141
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 1 year
- It is imperative that electrical design engineers should thorough knowledge of the necessary tools of the trade.
Electrical design engineer must understand the following:
- CAD software – use computer-aided design (CAD) software on a daily basis
- Project management concepts – from scheduling to meeting deadlines, electrical design engineers should be able to adhere to project management guidelines and processes
- Electrical codes – knowledge of electrical codes is important in the design and manufacture of electrical systems
- Creating designs for electrical systems based on engineering specifications and industry standards, using computer software applications such as AutoCAD, ETAP, MATLAB
- Drafting drawings of electrical systems such as wiring diagrams, Schematic drawing as per Standard
- Ensure that designs meet all applicable electrical codes and regulations
- Ensure compliance to COMPANY’S HSE practices..
- Creating system models and simulations
- Producing necessary design reports and documentation
- Designing and laying out new electrical systems
- Develop electrical calculation note using ETAP and others
- Develop electrical calculation for lighting intensity
- Develop electrical earthing system calculation with ETAP and others.
- Develop voltage drop calculation and cable sizing.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications with at least 6 years relevant work experience.
- Oil and gas / petrochemical processes knowledge.
- Maintenance engineering environment.
- English – working level (written and spoken).
- HSE and Ethics.
Technical Skills / Software:
- AutoCAD, MATLAB, ETAP, CAD
- Electrical Design Ability.
Soft Skills Required:
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Good Statistical Data preparation and Technical Reporting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good sense of initiative and anticipation.
- Self-motivated with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- English mandatory.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 6 years or more.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
- Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services.
What can we offer you?
We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online